The Mistletoe Miracle

Part 1

Mark knew tonight was the night he would tell Rebecca.

He had waited since the 7th grade to tell her he likes her. But Mark kept his mouth shut. Keeping his feet in the Friendship circle for nearly six, long years.

Tonight is Christmas Eve. Also being the night of Jack's incredible party. All the seniors from Doberman High School are going to attend. Including Rebecca.

Wearing a new, black leather jacket over a simple white shirt, and long jeans Mark stepped out of his house.

Hoping, to also step out of the circle.

Taking small steps within the white snow, Mark headed towards his buddy's house party.

From around the corner, Mark could hear the loud music while seeing those who just arrived to the mad house. Most of guests that have already been there were completely drunk and wondering hopelessly around the house.

"Jack is keeping his title of being the 'King Of All Parties'" Mark chuckled into the cold breeze.

Mark opened the front door and was engulfed with the smell of strong alcohol. Teens were wasted/barfing, making out, or chatting all around the huge apartment. The entrance only displayed a small portion of those drunk.

Mark scanned through the sea of people for Rebecca's face. Soon spotting her near the open, back door, Mark's feet automatically turn on its engine. Rushing through the crowd, Mark approached the slide doors which led to the outside.

Before he could reach her, a drunk guy stepped in front of him.

"Dude!!! You gotta try this!!!"

The stench from the stranger's mouth hit Mark's nose and Mark wanted to gag immediately.

"Naw, man. I'm good" Mark replied and then shoved the wasted dude aside.
As Mark walked onto the back porch, people rushed past him to come back inside after hearing, "More beer and vodka!!!!"

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about getting drunk anymore or waking up without pants.

After the announcement, only a couple smoking together and Rebecca were still standing out on the back porch. Mark swallowed hard, then he toke all the courage he had to talked to her.

"Hey Rebecca!!!!" Mark said, trying to act less nervous then he really was.

The red-head girl spinned around, also twirling her shimmery black dress.

"Oh hey Mark!!" Rebecca said as loud as she could over the blasting music.

"Let me close the door." Mark said as he slid the double glass doors close.

"Thanks." She rubbed her hands together. "The speakers are about to blow. Plus it's pretty cold." Rebecca said.

Speaking of pretty....

"Yeah. It must me below negative 30 degrees." Mark said as he huffed into his gloves before putting them under his armpits.

Why am I acting so nerdy? I hope she doesn't leave!! Or thinks I am acting like a loser! Why am I sweating even?! It's so cold out here!!

"So...." Rebecca said as she turned to face Mark, who was lost in his own thoughts. "What's up?"

"Nothing really. Just that I....um...my friend has uh a little problem. He likes this girl, and is asking me what he should do."

Nice save, man. That was a close one.

"Oh. Well.... tell your friend that he should tell her and then...."

Rebecca started to fiddle with her hair.

"Ask her how she feels towards him."

If it was that simple....

"Hmmmm. Thanks, Bec. Torrence wouldn't stop bugging me about it."

"No problem. Just make sure he knows she is single before saying it. It will become very awkward if she is dating."
Rebecca added. "You know?"

"Yeah!! That would be awkward for him, if it were to happen. Without you-um-your advice, he would have made a complete fool of himself. Hehe." Mark replied, then began to nervously rub the back of his neck.

Why is he acting so weird? It's actually kind of cute... Rebecca thought.

Rebecca gave him a raised eyebrow before saying, "Are you okay Mark? You seem like you're gonna hurl. Did you drink the beer?"

"Oh gosh no. That stuff screwed me once and that's all I'm allowing it. But yeah, I'm okay. I don't get wasted anymore." Mark chuckled.

"Sure." Rebecca rolled her eyes.

"What? Are you referring to the last party we went to?" Mark put his arms up to his chest.

"Sort-of. Seeing you passed out on Sarah's pool floaty is pretty hard to forget." Rebecca said before laughing at Mark's blushing.

"It was totally Zach's fault for giving countless beers. He nearly shoved it down my throat."

"Sure. Whatever you say." Rebecca rolled her eyes as she stretched out her words.

"Ugh!! It was a month ago!! You know me for so many years. I don't get drunk unless I know it's okay to."

"Yeah but still." She rolls her eyes once again before continuing. "For five, long ass years I have known the craziest, weirdest, and easiest guy to get wasted."

Also the cutest guy, Rebecca thought.

"But it was the best five years of your life!! You got to admit that!!!"Mark laughed as Rebecca raised her hands in defense.

"True, true." She says.

They both laughed as they recalled some wild memories.