Best Friends?

Chapter 2- Really?

Matthew POV

I lifted her chin so she could face me. Her cheeks were pink and her eyes are sparkling.

I chuckled at how amazing it's going to be...

when I do Phase 2.

Isabel POV

The tips of his fingers still held my chin up, giving me the best view. Matthew then started to lean in.

Was he...IS HE?!?! GOING TO KISS ME?!?!?! I thought.

"Are you going...to kiss me?" I whispered.

Instead of responding, he gave me a kiss on my lips.

I felt my cheeks burn up. I also notice Matthew's grin had grown wider.

"I never thought you would kiss that amazing!!!" Matt whispered a little too loud. It made people around us shush us.

I blushed at his compliment. I then noticed Matthew's cheeks were turning a little pink.

"Hey, dude, your cheeks are turning into tomatoes." I said, adding a giggle at the end.

I poked his right cheek and smiled. The kiss, I have to attempt, was pretty great.

Matthew smiled as he grabbed my hands and folded them into his.

"I always had a crush on you, Iz. Ever since I met you." Matt said as his eyes searched mine for a reaction.

I felt like a little kid who was just given her favorite ice cream cone. I felt my face heat up and the corner of my lips curl.

"We met, like, three years ago. Though, my heart never gave up on loving you." Matt said.

"Same here. I-I....just....felt like...I wasn't...good enough for you." I replied.

Matt released a light chuckle and I gave out a sigh of relief. Then, out of nowhere, I felt his soft lips on mine.

I sat in shock and then began bath hive but then felt his lips leave. He pulled back and gasped for air. I didn't even noticed we kissed through the whole scene of the puppet's crimes being discovered, and people trying to destroy him.

Matt POV

"I know it's a little sudden...but, Iz, will you go out with me?" I asked as I squeezed her hands, bringing her back to reality.

"Y-Yes." I heard her say. I smiled in satisfaction, for my plan succeeded.

Sure my plan sounds short and simple, but it wasn't. It toke all my confidence, time, and effort in making it absolutely prefect.

I felt so happy and couldn't stop smiling. This feeling....inside of me....was the best thing. It was like butterflies and joy, all in one.

I kissed the tip of her nose, receiving a small giggle from her. I smiled and put my arm around her.

She then, to my surprise, lifted the arm rest from between us back. A grin appeared on her face, as she moved to sit on my lap.

I smiled back. Thank goodness I chose a seat in the back, and no one else behind us.

"Hope you don't mind." Iz said in a mocking tone. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me.

She leaned back onto my chest, with a smile. I nuzzled my head into her neck, as I watched the town folks walk away from the ashes of the puppet.

Isabella POV

It at first felt weird; for, Matt and I have been friends ever since. Though we both soon felt, something more, in the second year of our friendship.

I notice Matt smiled more than grinned, his eyes sparkle and lit up by my existence. I felt my crush growing on him increase.

The End

I know this story isn't my best but I wanted to finish it quickly. Since I've been working on another short story.

In my other book, I do apologize for my lack of updating. Things are getting more complicated for me and I don't know what to do. So I'll do my ABSOLUTE BEST to complete them all.

See you guys soon!!!