Chapter 8

"Hey Dad...can I ask you something?" I questioned Dan. He was going to be less likely to freak out about the situation I was about to ask him a question about. Phil is laid back, but he sometimes over reacts about things.

"Shoot," he smiled while looking up from his laptop for once.

"So...hypothetically speaking of course... if you had a date what does one do?" I questioned nervously with an awkward smile.

He laughed, "You are really bad at hiding things you know?"

"What?" I asked as a confused expression washes over my face.

"You have a date with Luke and you have no idea what to do because the past six months you've been raised by socially awkward loners so you have no knowledge on how to even go outside with just your friends let alone with a boy...I know how things go. You forget that I'm 25."

"Okay you have a point and you're actually not wrong," I laughed.

"Well honestly I have no idea and it would be even more of a waste of time if you asked Phil. Try the Internet because we know nothing about these weird things called 'dates'...well we do, but I don't know how your age dates work so good luck on that."

"You're no help," I sighed while walking into my room. I span around in my chair and tried to think of what to wear. I didn't even know where we were going so how was I supposed to know how to dress?! Maybe I was over thinking this? This is my first date so if it's completely messed up then oh well! Hopefully if I mess up he will still want to go on another.

I decided to wear a nice shirt and some non ripped skinny jeans. He didn't tell me anything, but the time. I felt so unprepared. I only curled my hair and put on normal makeup. If he showed up in some suit I would have to run into my room and quickly throw on the nicest thing I had. I quickly checked my phone.

5:30 pm

Crap! I only had thirty minutes. I wasn't prepared at all. I didn't know anything about dates! What if I completely messed up?! I was a mess!

"Hayley someone's at the door!" I heard Phil call. Was he early?!

I quickly stumbled out of my room to see Luke standing there smiling. My heart stopped at the sight of him. He wasn't wearing anything fancy, but I could tell he tried harder then he did on a normal day.

"H-Hey," I stuttered awkwardly.

"Hi," he laughed. I slowly walked towards him and gave a shy smile. When I needed confidence the most I failed myself. I was surprisingly more nervous then I have ever been in my whole entire life. The way Luke's blonde hair was pulled back into a slick quiff and the way his blue eyes popped more than usual.

Phil glances towards Dan with a concerned look, "Are they going on a date?"

Dan just nodded with a smirk on his face. He knew that not telling him would piss Phil off, but somehow that pleased him.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Phil asked in annoyance. Dan replied with just a shrug and a smug grin. He honestly thought that irritating Phil was the best thing in the world.

"Ok fine whatever don't tell me anything! I see how it is!" Phil snapped while crossing his arms with a huff.

"Ya love me," Dan laughed while putting his arm around Phil.

"Whatever. Okay be back by like nine or something," Phil smiled while giving Luke a sharp glare. I gave him a pleading look. "Fine 9:30 have fun."

I slowly walked out the door with Luke and we headed to the mysterious place where we were going to have a date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay this is a short update, but it's something! Tell me what you think and vote if you like it.

Also just a quick little note thing. Luke is based off of Luke Hemmings (my husband) but younger so imagine fetus Luke as this character. Just thought I would put in that image for y'all in case you were confused.

Thank you
~Hayley