Chapter 7

I took a deep breath as I stepped on the bus. People automatically looked at me. How did news spread so fast?

"Hey look it's the girl with no mum" a random kid shouted.

"She has a mum! Her mum just doesn't want her!" Another kid shouted. I ignored them and walked to the back of the bus where I found Luke.

"You okay?" He asked and I just gave a slight nod. Honestly I felt like crying, but I had to keep it together or else things would just get a whole lot worse.

"Hey so people are saying Dan and Phil are your dads? Is that true?!" A girl asked with a group behind her.

"Y-yeah" I stuttered, obviously not comfortable with the attention.

"Oh my god! That's so cool! Do you want to sit with us at lunch?!" She squealed with a large smile plastered across her make up covered face.

"I'm sorry, but she doesn't want to sit lunch with people who only ask because of her fame" Luke cut in. I smiled at his attempt of standing up for me.

"We-never mind," the girl scoffed and walked away. I laughed and thanked Luke. Why was he always the one saving my ass from bad situations.

"Thanks" I nervously smiled. I didn't want to be here, but sadly my dads forced me and said that I needed to get through this.

"You'll be okay" he smiled and walked off the bus. I nodded and went to class. People stared at me. It seemed like everyone knew.

When it was time for lunch literally everyone crowded around me. Some wanted pictures; some wanted autographs. What happened between that period?

"Back up!" I heard an angered Luke shout. Everyone looked at him for a second before continuing to crowd me. I slowly back up, just to run into more people. What was happening?

Luke grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the swarm. I smiled gratefully as we walked to lunch, people following.

"God, can these people ever leave?" I sighed.

He laughed, "You're a celebrity now. You have absolutely no escape."

"Great" I smiled sarcastically.

"Don't worry I can be your personal body guard" he smirked while sitting at a table. I just laughed and looked at the crowd that was still trying to get to me. They weren't going to leave unless I talked to them. I got up and started to greet everyone in the swarm of people.

"Hayley are you sure you want to do this?" I heard Luke ask and I nodded. If I had fans now then I had to be nice. It's weird since they are my classmates that once hated me.

When lunch was over I was about done getting pictures with everyone and it was exhausting. Now I know just a little part of what my dads feel.

~major time skip to home~

"How was school?" Phil asked with a concerned look.

I just plopped on the stairs with a large groan. Phil looked at me, still with concern flooding into his eyes."

I told him about how at first people treated me like I was taboo and then all of a sudden BAM! I was the most popular person at school.

"Don't worry eventually they will calm down around you," he explained and I nodded. Hopefully he was right. He honestly wouldn't know because when he got popular he wasn't in school anymore. I guess I was going to have to find out myself.

"Your probably right" I smiled and gave Phil a hug. Unlike Dan, Phil's hugs were nice. Dan was always so awkward, but Phil's hugs are genuine and just overall bit awkward. I honestly can't judge Dan because we are almost equally awkward.

I went into my room and decided to my homework for once. I got maybe one hour done before a knock was at my door.

"What do you want?!" I shouted, but automatically regretted it when I saw Luke walk through the door.

"L-Luke? What are you doing here?" I stuttered nervously.

"Your dads let me in...I wanted to help you with your work" he smiled.

"I told you that I understand" I laughed.

"I know...I kinda just wanted a reason to see you" he awkwardly smiled. My cheeks heated up and I held in a smile. He came over and looked at what I was doing.

"Okay so you have to look at the denominator for the equation" he explained.

"I know Luke" I laughed.

"Maybe you just needed to hear it again."

"Whatever"

"Okay so then your going to divide."

I smiled as he tried his best to explain every problem to me. Even though I knew them all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyy! So I honestly am so sorry for not updating. School started and I literally have been so busy and then time I have I am so tired that I don't want to update. I am going to update at my own pace and it might not always be every month, but please bear with me! Thank you so much for understanding (if you do) and I hope your enjoying the story.

~Hayley