fourteen

I'm still laughing about all the rage comments

~~~

Waking up the next morning is hell.

My head throbs, my body aches, and then my phone begins to ring. I hit the dismiss button on it, sending the person straight to voicemail. I don't even care who it is.

I roll over onto my side facing the wall, closing my eyes until my phone rings. "Fuck you," I glare out of one eye, flipping over and grabbing the device. Not even checking who it is, I answer the phone. "What the hell do you want."

"Woah, calm down Bri!" It's a feminine voice, not one that I've heard in a few weeks.

"Leticia?" I'm awake now, and I prop myself on my elbow.

"Yeah, silly." She laughs, and I can hear another girl on her end.

I sit up, recognizing the voice. "Oh my god, Nicole? You're there too?"

"Yes!" She yells, nearly blowing out my eardrum. "I miss you so much!"

"You miss me?" I laugh, and I can hear Nicole take the phone.

"Well, duh! We can't see you for a while because you're in LA,"

I choke on my spit, and I can hear Leticia again. "You okay, Bri?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just- I'm not in LA anymore."

"What? Why?"

"Mitch and I- something happened." I bite my lip, tears threatening to fall.

Nicole makes a noise, and her and Leticia reply at the same time. "Oh my god."

"Yeah," I sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"Well.. Wanna hang out? Maybe it'll help you feel better and we can talk?" Nicole asks, her voice hopeful.

A small laugh escapes me. "Sure,"

***

"Bri!" Nicole yells, hugging me tightly as soon as Leticia opens the door.

I'm nearly pushed backwards when Leticia joins in on it. "Okay, okay, guys. Can I go inside?" I laugh, and they let go so we can all go inside. Stepping inside triggered major nostalgia, so I'm left in my thoughts and not even paying attention until Nicole waves her hand in my face.

"Earth to Bri."

"What?"

"You zoned out," She grins, and we all go to her room.

After two hours of talking and crying together, Leticia decides it's a good idea to go to a party.

"Bri, come on! It's only for like, an hour."

I roll my eyes. "An hour my ass."

"Come on, we'll only go for an hour and then we'll come back. It'll be fun!"

Her words suddenly make me flashback.

{flashback}

"Come on, Bri! It'll be fun." Cassidy begged me, urging me to go to the "party of the century".

I wasn't buying it, instead I was counting down until Mitch got here and I could make the excuse that I had to hang up. "For the final time, I don't want to go to Brandon's damn party, alright?"

"Ugh, whatever. Now don't wonder what happened when I'm the cooler Wild sister."

"You know what, Cass? Have fun at your little party. I don't give a shit about Brandon and if he likes you or not. I don't care if you're a part of the cool group. Leave me out of it."

And with that I hung up the phone, sealing her fate.

{end}

"Bri? Bri are you okay?"

My vision suddenly fades back to reality, and I'm curled up on the floor, crying.

My voice cracks. "No."