Chapter thirty-two: Find a way

I couldn't see anything but the flashing light. I squinted my eyes until my vision finally adjusted and at the same time wondering where we were. I saw white soil littered on my forearm- it was sand. I had a clearer view once the light had finally zoomed out unto the sun. It seemed like we landed on what appeared to be a beach. "Lenard?" I followed the voice from the right. Chloriette was shaking Lenard's body but didn't move an inch. I got up and walked towards them. 

"Did you check his pulse?" I asked the moment I reached them.

She nodded quickly. "He still won't budge."

From two feet away, something puffed out from the bottom of the sand, rather . . . it was someone. "Phle!!Aaaeergghh! Sand, it always has to be sand!" Victor spat sand out of his mouth several times. He took a glance at our unconscious friend and concern immediately took over him. He rushed in beside us. "Lenard!" He called. "What happened?"

"We have no idea." I'm getting a bit worried, too. What if he never woke-

"Wait a minute! His pulse is beating. Lenard, wake up!" Victor gave him a hard slap on the face. Chloriette and I grimaced at the painful sound. That must have hurt reaaaalllllly bad. We got startled as Lenard abruptly got up. His hand immediately went to his cheek, rubbing the pain away. "OW! My smooth, pink cheek!" I can already imagine the pain on Lenard's cheek. "Thanks, I needed that."

"Seriously, Len-man! You should've got up to let us know you're alive!" Victor darted.

"I was dreaming! I was about to marry a beautiful princess, then-"

Chloriette put her hand above Lenard's shoulder. "Easy, it's just a dream. Right now, we have to find Captain Claes and Sean. I haven't seen either of them."

"Yeah, me too," I said. Where could they be? All we see were wild trees, vines, weird-looking flowers (I like the colors, though), the sea, and sand all around us. We started searching near the shore, near the trees, then the meadows, we still couldn't find them. "How could this be?" Victor began looking around too. "We went to the same portal so we should all be here. Man, this sucks!"

"Victor has a point," Lenard agreed.

"I do?"

"Maybe Captain and Sean are on the other side on this island. They can't be transported to another location from the same portal, right?"

"I'll be right back," I said as I slowly flew upward. "I should've done this earlier. . ." I got embarrassed that I forgot I could fly. I gently flew through the branches, swatting away all the leaves that got stuck all over my hair and face on the way. The view was, honestly, extraordinary. I haven't seen such pure white clouds before until now. The sun shone gloriously above the light blue sky. I flew up a little bit higher. Not enough. I flew higher again and this time, my eyes saw the unbelievable.

The portal sent us to an island. A ginormous one. The mountains were green with bright colors surrounding them. The mountains were so huge, the tips touching the soft cotton clouds. Water from the mountains falling and following the flow of the river bed. On the left side of the island, there's a village. A tribal village, from the looks of it. On the right was a lagoon, maybe? At the far northeast, there's a rock that has a shape of a skull. Scary, but it's intriguing enough to check. Behind the great mountains, there's a strange, dead tree. The border of the river bed ends at the cove.

I landed back on the ground and told them the news. "Well, it seems like we are on a very, very big island."

"How, in the name of archangels, are we supposed to find them?" Chloriette asked.

"I saw a tribal village on the west. Maybe they know," I said. They followed me as I walked the route towards the village, following the grey smoke.