Armageddon

It took a lot of John Legend and Bruno Mars to write this chapter. Sappy love songs that made my heart hurt. So I hope you all enjoy. I don't know when my next update is coming because my schedule is going to get crazy because applying to colleges and all that shabaz. 

  "You want the truth Andrew. The truth is I don't love you anymore.  I can't stand being  married to you anymore. I have been unhappy for so long. Taylor ending up in the hospital made me realize life is too short to force myself to love you. You may hate me after all of this, but I want to you know that we can still be friends. At least for the boys sake. " Mommy finished ranting. 

Daddy just sat on the bed completely motionless it seemed as if he just died in that moment. Tears streamed down his face, the occasional blinking, but other than that Daddy was a hollow shell. I was completely speechless, Mommy really felt that way. How long had he been wanting to leave Daddy? 

  "Do whatever makes you happy. You know I can't get mad at you, even if you were to stab me in the back. I want this divorce settled as quick as possible for Taylor's sake. Take what you want, okay. I only want one thing though." Daddy said so calm, almost as if he was on autopilot. 

  "What?" Mommy replied. 

  "Lunch at least once a week. Can I have that?"

  "No you can't because I will be leaving after the divorce. I don't want anything from you Andrew. You can keep the money, the houses, the cars, and the business. I don't want any of it."

  "So, you get what you want and I get nothing. You get to walk away happy and I get what? Not even lunch once a week. I just want to be able to see your face and hear your voice. To actually try and be friends. You can't just completely walk away like this. Everything we went through and you want to end it like this. You know what, fine. Have a lovely life. " Daddy hung up the phone before Mommy could even say anything. 

His eyes were glassy, he was trying not to cry. I don't think I have ever seen my Dad this hurt. His hands were shaking. His breathing became irregular, I started to get worried about him. Mommy was his light at the end of the tunnel. 

  "Daddy please calm down, you are scaring me." I pleaded with him.

  "I am calm. I just need a little time to collect myself. So,how about we go to the lake house for a couple days? We can invite your hiding brothers." Daddy suggested trying to sound calm. 

  "Daddy you can't avoid this. What will happen when we come back? What about when you have to sign the divorce papers? You can't hide how you are feeling Daddy, it is not good for you. It is okay to cry."

In that moment Daddy burst into tears. He laid his head on my lap with is knees to his chest.  His face away from me.  The room was filled with the sound of his sobs. 

  "I gave him everything. I never let him want for anything. My love, he got it. My attention, he was the center of it. You know he was the one that usually the one that forgot our anniversary." Daddy finished with a sad laugh. 

I remember Daddy coming home and sneaking up on Mommy with different color roses behind his back. No matter how clique it was Daddy made it seem like it was his own unique idea.  I always dreamed of a love like theirs. Watching them fall apart like this is was not something I wanted to see.  

  "Did he not really love me? Was everything a lie? I can't live without him, cupcake. He was my everything. I will never love again. I am nothing without him. Even when they doubted us we held on, we have been there too much just to call it quits. " Daddy rambled. 

  "If he didn't love you would he put up with your craziness for so long. He started a family with you. Maybe he just needs time to realize he is not making the right decision. Trust me Daddy he loves you even when he says he doesn't." I consoled him. 

After a little while I heard snores coming from him.  he is going to wake up with a headache I just know it. I lift his head so I could scoot from under him. Once I am free, I make my way to the bathroom to get some aspirin for when he wakes up.  As I reach the bathroom as noise from downstairs distracts me. Who could be down there? No one can get past all the security that Daddy has set up. I would know because all the times Erik and Joel tried to sneak out and got caught. I consider not checking out the noise like any sane person would do, but I am not sane at this very moment. I tiptoed my way down hall to the stairs. Standing at the top of the stairs giving myself some time to back out before it was too late. Raised to not be a quitter I continued my stealthy trip down the stairs. As I reached the bottom of the stairs a loud thud came from the study.  I turned n the direction of the study and went on my way. It wasn't until I reached the door did I realize I had no weapon. Hopefully the intruder has no weapon either.  Reaching for the knob, I turn it and fling the door open.  

  "Mommy! What are you doing here?" I questioned in surprise. 

  "Taylor, you scared me. Don't go around scaring people like that." Mommy answered. 

I looked around the room and noticed a boy sitting in one of the chairs. 

  "Mommy who is that?" 

  "Umm.. well that is your older brother."

Cue the dramatic music! They have a secret brother!! Who would have thought!!! NO seriously who would have I didn't, it was a spontaneous thing.