Ten

"No, Hansol. You're supposed to turn it slowly or else it'll burn." I sighed, wrapping my hand around his to show him the exact pace to follow. Earlier in the evening I had invited him over for dinner. If we were going to be falling for each other we were going to have to do it over the best thing in the world; food.

   "Can I just eat a piece of chocolate with a strawberry aside? This is frustrating!" He pouted and I swear my heart dropped down to hell.

"Hey hansol do you believe in god?" I asked, letting my girly thoughts consume me. He spun his face towards me and scrunched his eyebrows.

"Um yeah, I guess." He smiled a little smile and nibbled at a piece of chocolate.

"Okay." I wanted to say that he looked like a God but held back to not creep him out. It was too early in our friendship to bring out my jokes.

   "What are we going to do now?" He asked as he wiped his palms on a rag. I shrugged, looking out at the night sky through the window.

   "Want to watch a movie?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in question.

   He nodded, turning off the stove and dragging me towards the couch. He laid down and opened his legs, patting in between them and smiling sheepishly.

   "Come sit." He grinned.

   I shook my head, sitting in between them and resting my head on his chest, "smooth one hansol."

   "I know right." I laughed at his sarcastic humor, snorting.

    I covered my face in slight embarrassment. He laughed at me, "did you just snort?!"

   "Oh god shut up." Girly giggles escaped my lips and I wanted to punch myself. I was acting so high school-ey and I knew that I didn't like it. Not at all.

   "It was cute, relax." He removed my hands from my face and rested them under his on my stomach.

   He shuffled through the television until he landed on a random movie. A bright flash of light boomed from my side and I looked at the window, startled at seeing the lighting blast across the sky.

   A loud roar of thunder shook the floor and I gasped, "shit that's loud."

   "I like it." He mumbled, muzzling his nose in my hair. I sighed, feeling the butterflies diminish from my stomach. I was finally getting comfortable. As comfortable as I could get knowing that I was trying to make myself fall in love with the boy who seemed to already be in love with me.

  "That's what she said." I smirked, looking up at his face. He rolled his eyes and poked my side causing me to squirm and accidentally shove my elbow in his crotch. He yelped, leaning forward and bringing me with him since I was leaning on his chest.

   "Oh fuck!" He wheezed out, clutching his area. I cringed, rubbing the back of my neck. I moved off of him and sat at the other side of the couch, away from him and his sore spot.

   "I'm so sorry hansol, does it hurt?" I questioned, eyeing his strained expression. I could tell he was holding back from bursting and I internally praised his actions.

   "No, nah, just peachy." He coughed, pursing his lips and staring painfully towards the television screen. I nodded slowly and focused my attention back to the television. Swords were being drawn and heads were being sliced but not even that could distract me from the boy beside me. I bit my lip as I eyed his profile, thinking of all the cute things I would do with him if I dated. Could I have fallen so fast?

   A thought came into my mind and I immediately rushed towards the bathroom, slamming the door shut and hastily yanking my sweatpants down. I groaned loudly, punishing the marble counter with a smack. I suddenly wondered how the hell i even thought of the idea in the first place. But I was glad I did anyway.

   "Of- fucking-course." I snarled, proceeding to clean up. I washed my hands after I was done and stared at my reflection in the mirror. Why would that like me? My hair was a mess around my face and i was clean of makeup, making my under eye bags and blemishes seen clearly. I guess it really is what's inside that counts. Though I wouldn't really see anything to that either.

But I didn't want to think about it. If I did I would probably end up throwing myself off the roof of the building.

Insecurities sucked dick and not the good way.

I stepped out of the bathroom and headed back to the hansol who was grinning at me from his seat, "did you not like the movie?"

Rolling my eyes I sat between his legs once again, "no it was fine. Just like...." I trailed off, seeing him smirk.

"Like me?" And I laughed so hard that I felt myself pee a little.

"No," for effect I put my hand on my chest, "like me."

"I'm gonna have to agree with you there." He chuckled, meeting my eyes for a second before looking away.

"Hey," I turned to face him fully, "look at me."

And he did, his light hazel eyes boring into mine, "what would you do if I kissed you?"

He didn't even think, "find out."

And I didn't bother to wait before I kissed him. It felt right. It felt good. But I still wondered if I was just forcing myself. If I was imagining the feelings.

Nonetheless it was great and I was thankful it lasted longer than I anticipated it to.

I've had this saved for years but I figured I'd post it to remind you all that I am not gone witting this. I'm undergoing major writer block and I have no idea what to do with this story but I genuinely do want to continue it so please keep reading and don't give up on hansol and June! I literally don't even remember what he name is cause it's been so long. Also, I skimmed through the first chapter and her name was sage for some reason and I'm like??? This makes no sense???? I'll have to edit everything later and I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting. I'll continue to work hard so please anticipate! Thank you for all the comments and please continue cause those are what keep me going!~