Chapter 1

Sighing, I stood up from where I was on the floor cleaning. It was still shiny as before when I cleaned it yesterday but it was my job so I couldn't complain.

Stretching back with a groan, I heard my frail body pop all up my back and shoulders. It felt so good I smiled in relief before grabbing the blue pail of dirty water and slowly stepped toward the front door. It was heavy and I could barely get it out the door and down the steps without falling.

When I made it down the steps I started to go toward the edge of the territory. Which was a small territory. No pack now a days are big. Just big enough for the village.

Grunting in pain, I forced the pail over while struggling to hold it as I dumped the dirty water out.

When it was all out I relaxed and was about to place the pail down when I was thrown forward. Landing right in the puddle of dirty water.

Gasping I landed on my palms and fell more onto my arm. My arm landing in the wrong way.

Looking up, I saw it was one of the pack members standing in front of me.

So to not get in trouble I stayed still and kept my head down out of respect. Even thought they weren't a leader I had to show respect this way.

I waited for his shadow and the foot steps to flood away but they didnt.

It sparked fear in me and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Oh hey, Kiana. Didn't see you there." I heard the laugh in his voice and shied away from him abit. This was not good.

"It's okay, sir. It was my fault. I should have moved." I replied back sincerely. I shouldn't have been here. It was my fault.

"You're right it is your fault. Next time watch where you are going, slave." He said angrily before spitting on the ground and marching away. Mumbling how stupid and ignorrent I am.

What he said made a couple tears slide down my soft face mixing with the dirt stained there.

Getting a hold of myself, I sat up and slowly got to my feet. Careful of how I moved considering how sore I was.

Picking up the pail from the ground, I walked back to the shed which was also a bunker for the pack. Obviously not for me.

Opening the old wooden Dorr with a creak, I stepped into the dark room with little light from the sun and placed the pail on the shelf.

Turning to leave, I saw a couple girls my age laughing with their hands on the door.

This frightened me because I knew what the where going to do, but before I could stop it the door slammed shut. Leaving me in the dark. Alone.

I was frozen in place. I couldn't think, feel, or see. I was in a small room with no light. And no sight.

Stumbling around, I rushed to the door in hopes to find it unlocked. Thinking maybe, just maybe, they just shut it to scare me; not leave me.

Pushing the door to open it I found it was locked. Which caused me to frantically slam my rough and now bloody hands on the door.

I don't really know how long it was or what was going on. All I know was I was crying hesterically while trying to get the door open.

Then all of a sudden I found my self sprawled on grass with the light shinning in my face.

Looking up with blurred vision, I made the person who opened the door to be Alpha Zeke.

Quickly, I threw my head down in respect and stopped my while body and mind from doing anything.

I just listened to his breathing and sensed the air around me for any movement created by him.