Chapter 4

The man then made a very slow clap "Not bad, kid. You've defeated two grown men all by yourself and even took their life for granted. You deserve my respect for that." he said. "I managed to catch a glimpse of The ways you throw knives, they are precise and they hit the target exactly at the location you want. You're quite a trained soldier aren't ya?" He said as he slightly lowered his head forward and put both his hands at his knees like he's talking to a child.

"I'm relieved we could speak the same language, but it would be in our best interest if you stop treating me like a kid. The authorities should be arriving here any second, I might consider letting you escape with your friends if you let that girl go," Max replied to him while staring with peering eyes.

"That girl..? You say...?" the man looked back at the car.

Max looked puzzled as he tries to imagine what the man is trying to imply.

"I'm not the stupid one here, I know we got the right girl. It could only mean that you're the one who is risking his life without knowing who she is"

Max was puzzled of what the man is saying.

"What are you talking about?"

"A kid like you would not understand. Someone who have to resort to guns, tactics and skills-- all those things are useless against absolute power." as the man says this, knives appeared out of thin air and was thrown at Max by some kind of invincible force.

"!!"

Max widened his eyes and was able to react fast enough by ducking and rolling in the ground.

"What the hell...?" Max said as he got up.

Max widened his eyes and took a clear view of the situation before him. Knives are floating around his opponent as the man looked down upon him with a grin.

"Surprised?" he said with proud smug

Max just stared directly at him in anger.

"To be honest I panicked a bit when our tires blown up, but seeing the tactics you had to pull off, I'm convinced I'm not dealing with anyone special"

"Special?" Max got up and juggled the dagger he's holding, the blades danced at his very finger tips beautifully before catching it with his very palm, Finally, he made a very powerful stance to intimidate his opponent "I assume you're referring to yourself by being born as a conjurer"

"Don't try it kid, you might be skilled but there's no way in hell you can win against a real conjurer."

With an invisible force, two blades were thrown towards Max.

Max instantly rolled to the ground backwards away from the opponent just to dodge it.

The foreigner man didn't expected for Max to recover fast enough as he twitch his eyebrows when he saw Max pointing a gun at him after rolling to the ground.

Bang! Bang!

The Foreigner blocked the bullets using the floating thick metals he conjured.

Max then threw his dagger high up in the air, and just like before, the throw is calculated where it would fall. The foreigner man had no choice but to look up because he's already aware of Max's talents in throwing knives.

But as soon as he looked up, Max shot the man's legs and brought him to his knees.

"Gargh! You shitty kid!" The man whined

All of the floating knives the foreigner conjured were thrown towards Max. But his reflex was fast as he run behind the telephone post.

"Still feeling special?" Max shouted towards his opponent while leaning his back behind the telephone post. The foreigner was furious with Max ridiculed statement.

He's angry with Max but not as much as he was with himself, based on history, no man has ever brought a conjurer down to his knees, let alone wound him and humiliate him. He knew that he let his guard down and felt stupid that a child without an ability to conjure made him bled.

"I'll make you regret doing that"

The foreigner stood up with one leg ignoring his bleeding other. He conjured armors one by one from his feet up to his thighs, from his hands up to his elbow and shoulder.

Max acted fast and went out from the telephone post and kept shooting at the Man but to no avail as the man's defense is tougher than before. Max tried to charge in but the foreigner is creating knives and magically throwing it towards Max while completing in making his armor.

Max had no choice but to hide again in the corner of the telephone post, he knew there's no longer any way he could win if guns and knives can't be used against his opponent.

As Max was thinking of running and escaping, the armored foreigner extended his right hand up in the air "Let me show you, the true capability of a conjurer!" He said as a long spear appeared before his right hand and grabbed it hard and thrown it towards the telephone post Max is hiding.

The telephone post made of hard cement shattered like a glass as the sphere blast its way through it. Max was able to evade but it was too late, the impact was strong enough to make him roll to the ground as a result.

Max tried to get up as he prop an elbow at the hard concrete floor only to witness a metal armor shoe in front of him, as he looked up to see who it is, he witness the Man in full armor looking down at him. Max couldn't see the man's face behind the metal helmet but could feel his furious rage.

The armored man kicked Max at the stomach so hard that he floated to the ground and was thrown away from where he was lying. Max's body slides to the ground and landed on his back, he tried his best to recover but was still down on his knees. His body is curled up having his left palm on the ground while holding his stomach with his right hand.

Max coughed a few times and finally alerts his eyes directly at his opponent. He's obviously in pain and was trying his best not to show it to him. His situation couldn't get any worser when he dropped his only weapon when he was kicked.

"Does this proven my significance to you?" The echo of the foreigner voice from within the armor as he conjured again 5 floating swords in the air.