Chapter 5

Max's head was brimming with thoughts. The man's movement was not showing any signs that he's wounded in any way. He looked carefully again at the man in armor and was able to figure it out.

"I see... You can use your own conjuration as a support for your leg."

"Not bad, you can figure that out even without being a conjurer, I'll give you that." The man said as he grabbed two of the swords floating in the air with both his hands. "You see, for conjurers, our limbs are not as important as our very own conjuration."

All of the three swords floating in the air were thrown towards Max. Despite the pain on his abdomen, Max did his best efforts to stand and run away from his opponent while dodging the swords floating in the air. His enemy was aggressive, not allowing Max to find any shelter to hide as he kept creating swords and charging towards Max.

Despite Max's best efforts to dodge the floating swords, some of it finally managed to graze into him at the leg and the arm, slowing his every movement.

The armored man managed to catch up and kicked Max to blast him towards the wall. As Max landed his back in it, the floating swords in the air stabbed the wall pinning Max's every movement.

"let this be a reminder of your mediocrity," The armored man said as he stabbed Max in the stomach.

Max tried to scream but not a single voice come out of his mouth. As he looked down to see the blade pierce through his stomach against the wall.

"and be honored that you're killed by a conjurer" the man whispered into Max's ears as he admires the shock on Max's face.

The armored man lets go of his sword and left Max bleed to death as he kept walking towards the car.

"Wh.. What do you intend to with her!?" Max shouted with his last breaths. "S..she's.. a conjurer... isn't she...?-- probably... Someone in a higher class... Than you..." Max tried to ask everything despite stuttering.

"save your breath kid, this has nothing to do with you anymore."

The armored man opened the door and took the girl inside and carried her unconscious body by his shoulder.

Even at the verge of death, Max can't help but become depressed of losing. He wanted to prove to something but failed.

He took one last glance at the man carrying the girl and noticed her in pain.

"what could you possibly want to do with the ability to conjure?" Rem's voice flowed into Max's head.

"I could've at least have the power to save her if I did..."

He already figured out who the man he lost to based on his actions and nationality. The man is from the country of Polaris, the neighboring country from which their country is not good in terms with. Whatever they plan to do with the girl could not be anything good.

"I... Have to save her..." Max extended his arms and tried another time. "Please... this is all my fault! it was my idea to take actions on my own hands! if I just told my family about it then this wouldn't have happened!" Max's expression was desperate as he grabbed the sword at his impales stomach.

The armored man looked back and wondered who Max was talking to.

"It doesn't matter if if I die but I can't let her suffer because of my very own mistakes!"

The man ignored Max's ranting and proceeded to walking away.

"great light in me, If you seek purpose in me, then let me answer that now"

Suddenly, falling swords sounds flowed into the armored man's ears and he looked back to witness Max escaped from the swords he was pinned into. the pieces of the blade the foreigner conjured is in the ground, mixed with Max's blood as Max's is kneeling down panting down his last breath and covering his wounds.