Half a memory

The next thing the young boy knew was the maids assigned to him going crazy and attempting the kill him. He could only guess that it was an order from the Elders. Father wouldn't do something like this.

He ran out of the mansion he had started living in days ago, terrified. Everyone knew that women were much scarier than men, especially when angered. He ran throughout the woods, faltering in his step to look back, expecting the vampires not to follow them. After all, everyone else that was moved to the manor ran away and were never sighted again...

Tears swelled in the young boy as he realized the truth, and saw the women gaining on him. Father loves me, the boy thought repeatedly, he loves me, he loves, me, he loves me. He love me to keep me alive for all these years.

He sprinted through the woods.

But Father is the Supreme being.

He loves me.

His voice is stronger than the elders.

He loves me.

Why didn't Father stop them?

He loves me.

Father was never affectionate towards me.

He loves me.

I was always jealous of those young vampires that have their parent's fawning over them.

He loves me.

And where is my mother?

He loves me.

Don't I have a mother?

He loves me.

Who gave birth to me?

He loved me.

Thoughts clouded the young boy's mind and he almost tripped on the root of a tree. Doubts were slowly seeping into his mind. But he kept me alive for so long...that must mean something? Tears ran down the boy's face. The vampire maids were gaining on him.

His sight was blurry.

Tree branches and bushes scratched at his arms legs and face.

He was out of breath.

He felt a strong grip on his wrist.

Then he blacked out.

###

Oikawa woke up with a start. He was sitting at the base of a large oak.

I must've fallen asleep? He thought scratching his head and standing up. What a terrible memory he thought grimacing and squinted at the sky.

"The humans will abandon you too, Oikawa," he recalled, repeating the words of a distasteful voice, and person had said to him before. "And when that time comes, I will come and retrieve you," he murmured.

"When that time comes," Oikawa repeated. Then he snickered. "Hey, Ushiwaka, when are you coming to get me?"

"You called?"

Oikawas eyes widened as he flipped around to see Ushijima walk out from beneatlth the trees.

"You really came...?" Oikawa said letting out a small laugh.

"I said I would didn't I?" Ushijima said straight-forwardly.

"You did, didn't you," Oikawa breathed, as he examined the taller man in front of him. His face was still expressionless, and his voice was still as monotone as ever. His features seemed more defined though, and he also seemed more built.

"So what?" Oikawa questioned, reaching his arms out to his sides. "Are you going to bring me back so the Elders can kill me?" He said, choosing his words carefully.

Oikawa noticed hesitation flash across the usually stoic man's face. "The current Lord is weak," he finally said, after a moment of silence. "He may seem strong to others, but to me, who stays by his side 24/7, I know his weaknesses."

Oikawa frowned. "So? Why are you telling me this?"

"He's mentally unstable," Ushiwaka explained ignoring Oiks. "All his plans for vampires at the moment is for the future. Everything he's doing, sacrificing vampires to the Hunter's, is for the future- not for the present. The vampires are falling apart. There are traitors among us feeding the humans info, and the humans are ripping us apart."

Oikawa crossed his arms. "I still don't get what that has to do with me." Ushiwaka stayed silent. "If you think I'm the one giving human's info, then your right." He said trying to keep a straight face, even though he hadn't revealed to anyone...except maybe Iwa-chan now, that he's a vampire.

"We would've killed you long ago if it were you," Ushiwaka said, "but that wasn't my point." Oikawa begged him to continue.

"The Lord is weak. He can't do anything to save our kind anymore," He said, "We need you. You are his only offspring. And most importantly, you hold the one thing that can kill a vampire instantly. You can drive fear through our kind. You'll be able to control them as a dictator if they refuse to listen. You need to become the new Lord."

Oikawa's eyes widened. Sure he was the Lord's son, but he was also half a human's son. Even worse, he wasn't pure blood. He stared criticizingly at Ushiwaka, but got nothing.

The Ushiwaka I know is quite odd, giving me great offers all the time, but now he has gone completely wacko, Oikawa thought. But then again, all of his offers were always beneficial to me, and they didn't have a twist- so far. That could also mean those past times were just for my trust, until they finally drag me back and kill me. He paused. But then again, what Ushiwaka said, I do have their fatal weakness...

"...Fine," Oikawa said. "I'll return to the vampire society, and commit a coup d'etat or whatever you want me to do," he said, still staring at Ushijima, watching for any kind of betrayal or trick.

Ushijima smiled.