Half a life

SHOUTOUT TO Lily004 -SAN'S BOOK OFFICE LOVERS

GO CHECK HER OUT AND FOLLOW~~

###

"My... my mom was human apparently. I've never heard the words come out of my actual father's mouth before, but according to other nobles, my mother tricked my father into bedding her..."

###

Oikawa's mother could easily be called "The Prettiest Girl in Town". She was the second daughter of three of a tavern owner, and she spent her days serving beer and ale to drunk men in her fathers tavern. At night, she would accompany a man that caught her eye during the day.

Her mother had left them when they were infants, claiming that she couldn't live the life of a bartender's wife, surrounded by burly drunk men for the rest of her days. She hates her mother because of that. She hates how she dissed their home and the lifestyle she led. She hates how her father still misses her. She hates the locket around her younger sister's neck that once belonged to her mother, and she hates her name which her mother gave her. Most of the men that visit her father's know of that fact, and referred to her as "Rose". Beautiful, romantic, but when you get on her bad side; it will hurt.

Her older sister was a Hunter, and her younger one aspired to be one too. The second daughter wanted nothing to do with Vampires and blood or the hunters, believing one day, she will charm a rich man, and live a wealthy lifestyle.

That is, until she set her sights on the current Lord, unknowing on his background. She immediately decided that he would be her next prey. He seemed wealthy enough by the looks of it, and he had the looks too.

First she attempted to invite the man strolling through town to her fathers bar and drunk him. Hanging onto him on the arm, making sure to put in extra effort to push her breasts onto the other man.

He didn't bat an eyelash in her direction.

She didn't give up. Immediately she started helping out at her father's business less and started asking around more on the man.

Nothing.

Her next lead towards the Lord's origin came when her elder sister, Machiko, visited. She came in search of the same man her younger sister was so interested in.

Once when Rose went to her elder sister's room to question her on some insignificant things, she, by chance, saw an image of the Lord lying on her sister's bedside table. Immediately taking it the wrong way, she snatched the picture and stormed out of the bedroom.

Next day when Machiko left their home in the evening, Rose followed her. Her sister stalked down streets, and at some point a man joined her, fast walking down the streets. Rose unbeknownst to her sister, followed  them.

The party walked in circles around town. The follower thought that the duo had realized that someone was following them, but after a few hours, she realized that was not the case.

When the sun finally had set over the horizons and the moon was now overhead, the duo split up into different direction, pace quicker than the usual for the past few hours. Oikawa's mother panicked and randomly started following the man that had joined her sister earlier. He stalked around through alleys, when he finally halted, a few minutes after their breakup.