Medieval Warfare

A beam roared from beneath the helicopter to the front causing it to shake violently. The pilot did some quick maneuvering to steady it. The members of Task Force X looked at one another both confused and in shock. Captain Boomerang was the one who spoke up first.

     "Oi mate! What the hell was that?!"

     "That was a laser Captain Boomerang."

     "Oi don't give me that crap I know it was a laser! Where the hell'd it come from?!"

     "It came from the target. You were all informed of the situation. Did you really expect anything less from some who could take over both Gotham and Metropolis?"

     "'Take over'? That sure don't look like a 'take over' to me Flag. It looks like hell on Earth."

     The helicopter was silent after Chato's words as they looked out the small windows at the devastated cityscape. It seemed to be at this moment that the gravity of their current situation sank in. Still none of them could back out at this point considering the "gifts" that were left in each one of their necks.

     "No, it doesn-"

     As Flag spoke a beam tore through the bottom of the helicopter engulfing the pilot and a quarter of the helicopter. Without any controls the helicopter began careening towards the ground below.

     "June!"

     "Enchantress."

     With that word a black smoke began to ooze from June Moone's body. In the next moment it wrapped around her causing her body and clothes to morph. Enchantress stood and jutted both her arms out. The team was instantly engulfed in darkness. Although no sound passed through the darkness a violent trembling was felt within. Once it stopped ended Enchantress lowered her arms causing the darkness to fade away. The remainder of Task Force X were still buckled into their seats in what appeared to be the wreckage to their helicopter. Flag hurriedly unbuckled himself and the rest of the team followed suit.

     "Get ready it'll be here soon!"

     Just as Flag finished his sentenced something came crashing down near them causing the ground to shake and kicking up dust.

     "Spread out!"

     With those words Flag laid down some cover fire as dove behind some wreckage. The rest of the team heeded his words and took cover with the exception of Enchantress. She remained in the open staring curiously at the dust.

     "Enchantress!"

     She quickly shot Flag a look and rested her index finger against her lips. In the next moment their target jutted from the dust cloud at Enchantress. It was a hulking creature with gray skin and bones protruding from all over its body. With incredible speed it crashed into Enchantress, but as it did so her body exploded into a sphere of darkness that surrounded the creature. Enchantress appeared outside the sphere and with a few hand gestured began to cause the sphere to shrink around the creature. Soon the darkness was so compressed around the creature it appeared to be another layer of pitch black skin. This was unexpected however, as the amount of pressure being applied around the creature's body was  enough to turn a normal man to paste. Enchantress grimaced as the creature began taking steps towards her even with the darkness around it.

     "Croc, take him down!"

      With some hesitation Killer Croc followed Flag's order and leaped from his hiding spot. He charged full force at the mass covered in black. As Croc neared the monster the size difference between the creature and he, who was the largest member of Task Force X, became more apparent. Still though he continued charging forward until he collided with his target. Upon collision Croc wrapped his arms around the creatures waist and used all his strength to lift then slam the creature into the ground.