T w e n t y E i g h t

T  W  E  N  T  Y E  I  G  H  T

:The clatter is metal hitting the floor below caused a shriek to leave Scarlett lips

:
The clatter is metal hitting the floor below caused a shriek to leave Scarlett lips.

The blade in her hand clattering to the floor as one singular bullet shot it from her hand. The young girl winced as she clutched her hand closely to her body.

Jerome stops close to her in an attempt to move her out the way.

" Boss—I-I."
Jerome stuttered like a pitiful fool. His grovelling beginning to irritate him.

The fool had been blind to see Scarlett cradling a knife behind her back inches from striking him down. One of his best and most loyal of followers, blinded by the sweet talking of a young girl.

"Now what's going on here—Children?"

Joker  stood with a sickeningly satisfied smirk upon his face, the dark circles under his eyes making him appear more menacing.

" B-Boss—."
Jerome quivered in bewilderment, the poor guy still in shock at the sudden events.

Joker tore his cold eyes away from Jerome quivering frame, his eyes landing upon Scarlett. Her eyes staring into his, stealing glances from Jerome as he attempted to straighten his posture, appeal to his own strength, attempting to conceal his fear and shame that befell upon him.

" I said what's going on here?"

Joker stalked towards Joker the thunder of his designer leather shoes hitting the cold of the concrete bellow their very feet sent a daunting chill into the air.

A whimper leaving Jerome lips as Joker stalked behind him, the cold metal  twirling around his finger dangerously, at any wrong movement the trigger could be squeezed ever s slightly claiming another victim to its countless list of names.

" Boss I can explain-You see-"

Jokers hands slapped down upon the shoulders of Jerome, the gun no where in sight as the two stood pressed their bodies close together, panic In Jerome's eyes as his cold mask had long fell.

Scarlett stood wearily watching the scene unfold, annoyance forming in the bit of her stomach as she watched joker ignore her presence as if she wasn't even there. All the eyes in the room of other men seemed to look right through her, even the eyes of Harley that came into view as she swayed through the concrete room, the sound of her heels even more daunting than Jokers entrance.