Chapter 14

After they ate, Elizabeth brought her sisters up to her room as she was packing, to tell them that she was leaving. Naturally, they argued with her but she was quickly able to make them understand that this was the only choice. At least, she was able to make Margaret understand. She wisely didn't mention Meliodas' concerns that the palace was no longer safe for her, instead focusing on Camelot.

"I still don't see how this is any of our concern" grumbled Veronica "they have their own Holy Knights, why can't they deal with it?"

"Veronica!" Elizabeth gasped "King Arthur helped save the Kingdom and Lady Merlin healed Father, allowing him to take the throne again; we owe them a great deal! Helping them in their own time of need is the very least we could do!"

"I just don't understand why you have to go."

The youngest Princess of Liones gave Veronica a firm look as she stood straight and tall with her chin tipped up ever so slightly. "Because Meliodas is going and wherever he leads, I will follow. I love him and I will continue to stand by his side, now and forever" she said in a clear, commanding voice as her hair whipped around her, blown by an unseen force. Her sisters were staring at her with wide eyes until they heard a slight gasp and the three of them turned towards the sound as the glow coming from Elizabeth slowly began to fade. Meliodas was standing at the door leaning against the frame and looking more than a little shocked.

"Meliodas!" cried Elizabeth, rushing towards him. "Are you ok?" she said as she knelt down and placed a hand on his chest.

He looked at her as he covered her hand with his own. "I'm fine…I just wasn't expecting to see or hear anything like that when I decided to come up and see if you needed help carrying anything. Though that's not to say that it wasn't nice to hear, all the same" he grinned, "but we're going to have to get a handle on your powers and try and figure out how to keep them in check, otherwise, you'll just act as a big shiny beacon." He gazed at her and saw the brief sceptical look that flashed across her face. "I don't think you quite realize just how much raw power you give off when your Apostle powers are active. I haven't felt anything like that for a very long time" he chuckled as he squeezed her hand.

"You better protect her" growled Veronica as Margaret tried to place a hand on her shoulder, but she just shook it off. "I just can't believe that Father agreed to this! If anythinghappens to her it'll be your fault and we will never forgive you!"

"Veronica, that's enough!" said Margaret softly. "Sir Meliodas, I know that you will do everything you can to keep our youngest sister safe."

"Of course I will. Though, I'd like to ask something of you both" he answered in a serious tone, "please do not say anything of our leaving or our destination to anyone…even if they specifically ask. Just tell them that you don't know."

"Is everything ok?" Margaret began to ask before Veronica interrupted. "See! You haven't even left yet and Ellie's already in danger! How are we supposed to just let you take her?" she said crossly as she moved to stand in front of the door.

Meliodas' patience was beginning to wear thin and he finally snapped at her. "She isn't in danger because of me. She's in danger because of who and what she is and what she can potentially become! The sooner you realize that and get the hell out of our way, the safer we'll all be!"

Margaret placed a firm hand on Veronica's arm and guided her back a few steps. "I'll explain everything I can, though there's still a lot I'm unclear on myself" she said into her ear.

"I'm so sorry, but I really do have to go" Elizabeth said as she approached them with tears in her eyes, pulling each into a firm hug before walking out of the room, hand in hand, with the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins.