Chapter 1: The Things that I Never Understand

In my entire life, there was nothing I can't understand or can't make as long as it's a machine. I was quite positive that there's nothing that will be a mystery to me.

But in the 3rd year of my elementary school, I had transferred to another school and that was when I met Mikan.

That girl is slow, stupid, and always loud. But I didn't hate her. Even though she's like that, she has her good points.

Always cheerful, gets people together, and is fun to be around. The exact opposite of me.

Then I saw a flyer for a singing contest and when I asked her to be my partner, my entire life then changed upside down.

Even so, I didn't hate it.

When I had to go to Gakuen Alice, to tell the truth, I was sad, but I knew that Mikan would be happy if the school was saved.

Then 8 months later, she followed me here.

I really don't get that girl.

Then it was right before the second Christmas when I discovered another thing I don't understand.

I had started to think about that blonde-haired boy for some reason. Maybe it's just the fact that his pictures makes good money.

This feeling, it's making me feel weird for reason. Maybe I have the flu?

But then why does my heart rate increase? This is weird. It's much easier to just focus to make money.

I can't explain this. But then, who really cares? As long as that raven-haired boy don't make Mikan cry, that's fine.

"Hotaru! What are you writing about!"

"It's nothing."

"Then let's go shopping!"

Well, maybe I'm just overthinking this.

Now, how can I sell these pictures of the blonde boy before he finds out?