six

Heat blasts against my face from the front of the car, sending a slight chill to my spine, which is so completely opposite. Gum has been chewed ever since we left the club, as well as the appearance of toothpaste and a toothbrush. Harry carries extra things in his car, and it just so happens that he has extra toiletries in the trunk. He came very prepared.

Mindless chitter chatter has been rounded, mainly because of my fuzzy mind and Harry's nervous antics. Eyes watch as the blur of roads skim by, the darkness overcoming the sky with a hint of a moonlit crescent hanging in the wonders. Breaths are uneven, the sound of tapping feet the only other noise besides.

Who know that six years later, we would be in this dangerous position.

"How're you now?"

His voice is genuinely rough, the absolute usual. It embarks through the missing void, and silence has remained after his question. It takes me a moment to realize what Harry is speaking about, but I now know he is referring to my health and the half an hour ago puking session.

"Oh, I'm just dandy," I remark, truly not supposed to sounding as if it's sarcasm. But, he chuckles, instead.

"Glad you're doing well."

"Harry, where are we going?"

The thought didn't cross me until now. And, from what I can guess, he would obviously be driving me back to my house. But, the directions are a blur, because of my new location. After all, we both did live in a completely new state, and now, here we are again, somewhere in the midst of not knowing how we found each other in such a relatively different place.

"Yours," he mutters, almost as if he is afraid to admit it. "I know where it is, but don't worry. I'm not much of a stalker," the clearance of his throat brings my eyes to glance at his structure. "I was going to come see you the other day to give you the money for your car, but you weren't home. It took a little asking and searching, but I finally found it after two stops for burgers, as well as refilling on gas."

And, I laugh, with a joined person beside me. It's funny to notice this; how Harry is laughing and we are joking, and that we are somewhat back to normal. Happy moments don't last forever, though, and this is where I believe that I will fuck up tonight, or Harry will. Our mouths will be out of control, not captured with each other's lips, and we will finally be gone with the lives of our past lovers'.

"That's funny."

"I've been told that quite often," he cheekily remarks, large hands turning the wheel.

Slight wrinkles appear in the corners of his cheeks, dimples and all showing throughout the laughs. His eyes are, for a moment, fully closed and squinted, with mouth fully opened to reveal the glistening, white teeth. Bunches of black cloth are within his button-up, small patches of tanned skin having the urge of being displayed to my eyes. Harry's tattoos are presented in such an obvious way, the two sparrows completely open, as well as the entire expanse of both of his arms.

"Anyways," his throat is cleared to grab my attention, changing the subject. "Tell me a story because this is going to be one hell of a long ride, and I'm bored."

"Well, thanks," I scoff playfully, pulling down my tight dress, and pushing aside the stray blonde hairs near my eyes.

And, I ponder, of what I can say, until one incredible novel comes to mind; the novel of which I have built inside my mind.

"There was a girl," mindlessly, I drift off as the hum of Harry does. "Who was utterly in love with a boy, whom had so many damn flaws of his own. And, oh my god, the amount of love was seemingly impossible. But, she loved him too much."

The story remains based on something personal, and it's heading of to the point of where Harry will figure out, if he is truly listening.

"She tried to love him as a friend, then to love him as a lover. But, he never loved her in the end, because his heart was for another. The end came, though, and the amount of heartbreak was almost unbearable for her," silence invades as my dark eyes roam the barren roads. "Everyone tried to help, but in the end, it never did. Until, she saw him at an unexpected time, when everything seemed to have gone down the drain."

"He looked as if he changed into a better person, all smiles on his face, with his eyes looking the brightest ever. And God, he felt so much better. The opposite was what happened to him throughout the years of not seeing her; his life became a living hell. But, she still wonders, today, why she would've walked away from him when he was the only thing that felt right, when he did her so wrong.

Immediately, he replies. "I know who that's about, and I wasn't expecting this kind of story. But, after all, you surely are full of surprises. And, I want to know this. What are you feeling now?"

"I loved you," I pause, licking my chapped lips and to turn my head towards Harry. "I still do love you, and that's all there really is. I just haven't let go."

"Then, let go," he whispered in reply, glancing over to me.

So with that,

He pulled the car over,

And we both let go.