Relapse

Demi

"Demi what are you-"

Wilmer was cut short as I threw myself into his arms, crashing my lips onto his. Instantly, he pulled me close and kicked the door shut, slamming my back against it a moment later as my legs came up to wrap around his waist. His mouth was hot and hungry against mine, wasting no time in foreplay as he yanked my shorts off of me along with my underwear, then unzipped his pants. Soon my back hit the couch and he was over me, his tongue pushing into my mouth. I felt his at my entrance, and the n he was in me and we were off. Neither of us spoke a word except for moans and grunts as we neared our climax. My body was weakening and by the sheen of sweat on Wilmer's chest I knew we had been at this for at least half an hour. At last, my nails pierced his back as we both came to an ear-splitting high. He laid over me for a few minutes, both of us panting hard, before he sat back, closing his eyes.

"Jesus christ."

I stood and yanked my shorts back on, running a hand through my now sex-crazed hair.

"Demi... What does this mean?"

I glanced at him, not looking into his eyes fully. "Nothing. Think of it as a relapse."

~*~

I sat at my piano bench, my fingers mindlessly going through chords and scales that I had committed to memory. Eventually, the sounds morphed into a melody, and the words flowed from my mouth.

"If anyone asks, you never say me. And I know, you know better than to call me."

It was true, Wilmer and I had an unspoken agreement that we never spoke of our rendezvous to anyone, not even each other.

"Let's just hide out, under the covers. One more secret between two old lovers."

That was also true. I always told myself that it was the last time, but I always found myself back on his doorstep.

"I ain't hung up on you, I ain't in love with you, this is just time that I'm wasting. One or two little sips I'm alright I can quit you're just some wine that I'm tasting."

There was the lie. As much as I denied it, I did still love Wilmer, and I most certainly was still hung up on him. He had become my new addiction.

"I don't have to have you, I don't need to need you, you're just a high that I'm chasing."

Partly a lie. I did have to have him, but he was like a high, a high that I wanted more and more of each time I indulged.

"Don't think I'm coming back, it's just a relapse."

Another lie. We both knew I would always come back.

"I know I said, I said it was over, but it's hard, when I miss you, to stay sober."

I regretted leaving him all those years ago all the time. Overtime I walked out of the door of his house I was reminded of doing the same all of those months ago.

"So if I show up, here at your door again, oh it's just me, falling off of the wagon."

I told him not to think anything of it, that there weren't feeling and it was just sex. For me, it was easier to comprehend that way.

I went through the chorus again, my hands moving in synch with my mind as I belted it out.

"Don't think I'm coming back it's just a relapse... I can quiet when I'm ready... I ain't hurting no body... but me."

It was true. Wilmer got sex with no strings attached while I was the only one who still cared.

"I ain't hung up on you, I ain't in love with you, this is just time that I'm wasting. One or to little sips I'm alright I can quit you're just some wine that I'm tasting."

It sounded more like I was trying to convince myself more than the listener now. In frustration, I sat back, rubbing my eyes. I didn't know what I was supposed to do anymore. I didn't know how I was supposed to stay away from him.

A knock on my front door made me get up with a heavy sigh. When I pulled it open, I was surprised to see Wilmer there.

"What are you doing here?" I said, stepping aside to let him in. When I closed the door and turned around my eyes widened as he pressed me against it, putting both hands on the sides of my head.

"I came to ask you to stop fucking around with my head. Demi I can't take it anymore. I need time and space to get over you. I need to stop falling in love with you."

I furrowed my brow. "You want me to stop coming to see you?"

"Yes." His eyes tightened. "I can't get you out of my damn head and it doesn't help if we keep having sex. I can't see you anymore."

I took a deep breath. "I can't stop."

"Why not?" He demanded.

"Because I love you still." I whispered. "Because I fucking love you and nothing is helping me stay away from you."

His face was full of shock. "You love me?"

"Yes." I groaned. "Of course I do."

Wilmer looked down. "Do you want to get back together?"

I could feel tears coming to my eyes and my voice cracked. "Kinda?"

He smiled broadly and hugged me, picking me up and twirling us around. "Good enough for me..." He paused. "This isn't temporary right? It's not just a lapse in judgement?"

I smiled and shook my head. "Definitely not just a relapse."

************************

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel