Chapter 4: meeting marley

Alyssa's POV

"BEEEEEEP" my alarm rang loudly. I quickly threw off the covers and smacked my alarm to be quiet. I got dressed,and put my hair in a bun. I opened my bedroom door a bit and peeked. I heard the front door close. great! I had no time to waste

I flew down the stairs, and locked the door. I went to the store, bought some hair dye and went running back home. There were so many colors to choose from but I went with the color from Ariana grande's hair.

Once I got home, I got my dye, went my bathroom. I grabbed scissors and snipped my hair to shoulder lenght. It looked crappy but I didn't really give a fuck. I just wanted to look different. It took 30 minutes for the dye to finish drying. I ran downstairs with my backpack that contained all that I needed, ( hopefully) and the plastic dye box to throw it away in a public place. I locked the door and hoped for the best. I made my way to the bus station.

"Hello what can I do for you today?" The woman selling the tickets asked me one I got to the station.

" may I have 1 ticket?" I asked.

" one way or round way?"

" One way" was my reply.

She looked suspicious about my reply. Yea I was 16 but I was small for my age. I could pass for a 14 year old.

I had to make up a lie as quick as I could.

"Uhh I'm meeting my dad over there because I'm spending the week with him in Denver." I lied. "Okay" she said."here is your ticket"

"How much and how much is the small package of powdered donuts?" I asked. I wanted some more donuts in case I got hungry on the bus.

" The ticket is $20 and the package of donuts is $2.50"

" okay throw the donuts in" I smiled at her. :)

She handed me my ticket, my donuts, and a map.

"Thanks! I said and walked away.

I made my way into an empty seat to wait for the bus. I waited for 5 minutes then 3 boys appeared next to me. The first one had had straight black hair and was normal sized. Not tall and not short. He looked like he was 15. He was kinda cute too! :) The next one had spiky black hair and wore black converse. He was probably 14 and the last one looked mean. He had floppy black hair and he looked emo. He looked 16.

"Well hello there missy!" Said the oldest. I just stared at them cautiously.

"Hi..?" I replied uncertain. I strapped my backpack more securely on my back.

"Why don't you give us your backpack? It looks like your full on money!" The oldest one asked with a creepy grin.

"Yeah!!" The other two chorused.

"Uhhhh I don't think that's a good idea" I said with a nervous giggle.

I stood up slowly and started to back away, but then one yelled " Now!"

The ran toward me and tried to rip my backpack away from me. "STOPP!!" I screamed but nobody could hear me because there was too much noise and the area that I chose to sit, was empty now.

Just when I thought that my backpack was gone for good, a dog appeared out of nowhere and pounced on them. It growled at them and they started to back away.

"we were only joking" they said. The dog bared his teeth and barked. They ran away and the dog turned to me panting. It walked toward me and wagged its tail. He was big and he looked strong. He had brown and black fur. I petted him and he wagged his tail again.

"Thanks" I said and started to walk to my bus since it got here. The dog whined at me sadly but remained seated.

"Fine, come on" I said. "I'll call you Marley in the meantime." I smiled. The dog wagged his tail at me and I swore Marley had smiled.

Marley and i walked to the bus and I was thinking about what just happened a few ninutes ago.

"Hi, are dogs allowed on the bus?" I asked the bus driver.

" Well no but this dog looks like a police dog with the suit so sure bring your furry friend along." after all that happened, I didn't even notice that he did look like a police dog with the suit and all.

We boarded the bus and luckily it was mostly empty except for an old couple in the front. We went to the back and the bus started moving. I checked my map and saw that we would take about an hour and a half to get to the other bus stop since it was far.

I took one last look at the bus stop, pretty sure I wouldn't see it for a long time.