Chapter 3: prepairing

Alyssa's POV

Okay so first things first. I logged into into my computer and posted a blog that said:

Found money. If you lost any money, I need the amount of money, where you lost it, and where it was. Contact me at Alyssa184@ me.Com

I let the blog run on for a few days and I got. A few responses one was, " I went shopping and I lost my money in the mall. I don't know how much I had." Another was " the money is mine give it to me and meet me at the town square" uh uh, how stupid do you think I am? The last one was " I was in the car and my kids got my wallet and threw it out the window. Please return it I need to pay for my rent. Nobody claimed it right so the

money was mine.

Now that that was settled, I dug under my bed and found my backpack that contained some information that I might need to find Melanie. I packed 4 sets of jeans and shirts, an extra pair of shoes, and some undies. I also packed an apple, a protein bar, and a small package of twinkies.

Suddenly, I heard the door open and then close. I looked at the clock and realized it was 7:15 and My mom was home from work

"Honey I'm home! Want to order some pizza for dinner?" She asked.

"Sure mom! I'll be downstairs in a sec!"

I ran down the stairs 30 minutes later after I was done hiding my things. The smell of pizza filled the dinning room. I grabbed a slice, and bit into it.

"So Alyssa, how was your day?" Mom asked.

"It was alright. I started my summer homework today." I lied as I swallowed my pizza. " How's your work at the bank?"

" It was really busy! Lots of people wanted money to go on vacation." She replied.

"I figured. Can I go to bed now? I'm tired" I said.

"Okay goodnight honey"

I jogged up to my room, locked the door and took out the backpack from under my bed. I made sure the money was tucked under all the clothes because I didn't want to risk the chance of losing $9.80! I stayed up until midnight making sure I had everything I needed for the trip. I fought the urge to carry my straightening iron but I need to travel light with only the essentials.

Finally at 12:00 I skipped to the bathroom, humming " Midnight Memories" I brushed my teeth, turned on my alarm for 8:15 turned off the lights, and fell asleep quickly.

I dreamed about Melanie, and how exited we would both be to get to see each other again. Tomorrow was going to be a big day. The day that I would start traveling to find my twin sister.