4. Emerald Everything

It was early April and as the clouds cleared Adeline stepped out of the Green House. The rest of her class started to walk back to Hogwarts but Adeline stayed on the grounds taking in the scene before her. It had been a while since she first joined Padfoot (Sirius), Prongs (James), Moony (Lupin), and Peter who was apparently been a rat. Yesterday had been a full moon and Adeline was exhausted. Not only had she had no sleep but she was in a fight with Lily.
Lily had wanted to hangout with her the previous evening but Adeline had to make an excuse as to why she couldn't. Lily accused her of not wanting to be her friend because she was never around when she asked. Adeline could not of course tell her that Lily was only available when James wasn't around, and when James wasn't around it was the full moon. When it was the full moon unfortunately for Adeline she had to ditch her best friend. It wasn't like Lily was lonely, the other girls in their year would give her company, but Lily only wanted her BFF.
Adeline had her stomach twisted in knots as she started to walk back to Hogwarts. All of a sudden Adeline heard a voice calling her name slowly getting closer. She turned around only to come face to face with Henry Xiath.
Adeline and Henry used to date. For four months in their fifth year they were inseparable. In the end Henry had told her they just weren't meant to be and had called it quits. She had cried for days over the boy. But now looking back on it she realized how silly her behavior was.
Henry was in Ravenclaw and was the top of his class. He studied extra for every assignment and the two would often have study dates when they were dating. Henry had red hair which reflected golden highlights. He was fair skinned and had dark brown eyes that wrinkled when ever he smiled. He was good looking and now he was approaching Adeline after a year. Her heart tumbled over itself trying to stand straight.
"Good afternoon," he said beginning to walk with Adeline back to Hogwarts.
"Good afternoon to you too," Adeline said surprised that her voice stayed to so calm while her insides were on fire.
"I wish to make a bargain with you," Henry said. Adeline stopped in her tracks and turn to stare at him confused.
"What do you mean?"
"We have a Quidditch match tomorrow and I want to make an agreement depending on who wins."
"You don't even play for your team," Adeline says shaking her head in amusement. Gryffindor had been unbeatable since as long as she could remember.
"I have been going to my teams practice and helping out here and there," Henry said smiling slyly.
"I don't believe you can win, we always win."
"If you are so certain that what is that harm in making the deal?"
Adeline knew Henry had toyed with her pride but being a Gryffindor she couldn't help it.
"Okay what are the conditions?" She asked.
"If Ravenclaw wins you have to do what I say for the rest of the school year, which is two months. If Gryffindor wins I'll have to do whatever you say until the rest of the school year."
Adeline started to walk again towards Hogwarts and Henry kept pace. Once they reached the Entrance Hall and had stepped inside Adeline spoke with a smug smile.
"Deal."
As Henry walked away another boy came to stand by Adeline's side. This time she paid no attention to him as she fixed her eyes on Henry's receding back.
"You shouldn't trust him," Sirius said.
"What do you know about trust?" Adeline remarked.
"I'm just saying that whatever he told you was probably a lie." Sirius continued.
Adeline sighed and said, "no, I don't think so."
Right before Adeline could walk away Sirius hissed in her ear, "meeting in the Room of Requirement after ten o'clock."
As Adeline stepped into the common room after dinner her eyes fell on a girl with red hair relaxing on the couch. Lily jumped up upon seeing her and ran over.
"It's Friday," she said excitedly. Lily had always loved Friday's because weekends meant more free time. Adeline was not happy about having to let her down again.
"I have to do my homework early for the Quidditch match tomorrow," she said wincing.
Lily sighed and shrugged her shoulders before giving Adeline a quick hug, "good luck tomorrow." Lily went up the stairs to the girls room and Adeline was left in the common room. She felt so bad but knew she could not reveal the secret of Remus. Without meaning to a girl very widely known caught her eye. Diana Stropher was a very pretty girl with a mean demeanor. She liked to gush over boys with her group of close knit friends. She also liked to make fun of other girls with them. She was also famous for walking up to random people and talking badly about their friends.
All of a sudden an idea popped up in her head. No one truly enjoyed spending time with Diana. So if she won the Quidditch match tomorrow she told herself the first thing she would make Henry do was go on a date with her. Adeline knew she was pulling out a mean spirit from underneath some rotten memories but her heart liked the idea so she told herself she'll just give it the the reins for a moment.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hope you guys are liking my book so far. I would really appreciate it if you liked this chapter or left a comment about how you think I could improve.
<3