6. Fancy Tricks

Adeline rose into the sky and quickly took her place in front of the goal as the rest of her team spread out. She noticed Henry Xiath in the Ravenclaw stands right away. He was wearing a blue eagle hat that made cawing sounds. But she didn't have much time to stare because the quaffle was already racing towards her. A chaser clad in blue and bronze sped towards her at an impossible speed. Adeline saw her fake left and got ready to head to the right goal to protect it when a flaming bludger came out of nowhere and hit the chaser on the back. The quaffle was dropped and a Gryffindor chaser picked it up.
Late last night James and Sirius had snuck into the classroom which kept the game quaffles. They had enchanted the bludgers so that when hit with a Gryffindor bat it would catch on fire, and when hit with a Ravenclaw bat it would fall short of the intended target. They had promised her that the flames would not catch anyone on fire. The flames were not noticeable to the people in the stands too. So nobody but the players up in the air could see them. And the Ravenclaw's did not seem happy about that.
As the Gryffindor chaser neared the Ravenclaw goal posts he turned in midair and side kicked the quaffle through the left goal. A roar could be heard from the stands as Nathan Cho announces, "Gryffindor scores!"
There is no time for celebration in the air though as a Ravenclaw chaser is already speeding towards her and then her vision is blocked by the snitch. The two seekers were flying straight for Adeline, if she didn't move they would hit her head on. But at the same time the Ravenclaw chaser is in shooting range so she does the most dangerous thing she has ever attempted.
Adeline flips on her broom so that she is hanging upside down. The seekers fly just above her and the quaffle is hit, aimed at the right goal post. Adeline flies for it, upside down, and she catches it hanging on to her broom with her legs with the quaffle between her fingertips. She sighs a big sigh of relief as Nathan Cho announces, "Adeline York makes the most amazing save I have ever seen!" The crowd cheers, the noise deafening even so far up in the air. Adeline can't help grinning as she flips back up on her broom and throws it to James. Her record would not been destroyed.
James races to the Ravenclaw side of the pitch but two Ravenclaw chasers come up on either side of him and squash him in between them. They don't have time to steal the quaffle though because a bludger comes and hits the guy on the right allowing James to break free. But then Nathan Cho catches her attention as he says, "Wow! That Ravenclaw seeker is really fast, which is weird because she is just flying a Nimbus 300."
Adeline gasped, Henry had been tricking them the whole time! He made them think he was playing tricks with the chasers but in reality he had done something with the seekers broom. If that seeker caught the snitch it would be game over! Apparently no one else noticed as they were still engrossed in what was going on by the Ravenclaw goals. James was very close to scoring, Adeline waved her hands to Sirius and the other beater William Fey but neither noticed her. She could not let Henry Xiath win, Adeline didn't even want to think about the things Henry could make her do in the last two months of school. There was nothing she could do now though as she watched everything play out.
James scored, shooting the quaffle through the center goal post. Adeline noticed the Ravenclaw seeker so close to catching the snitch when all of a sudden a flaming bludger hit the seeker and she almost fell catching herself just in time. Just like that the Gryffindor seeker who was right on her tail speeds up and, "Gryffindor has the snitch! Gryffindor Wins!" Adeline couldn't believe it, she was so sure that they were going to lose.
Everyone flies down to the pitch as the Gryffindor house abandons their stands as they rush to congratulate the team. As she touches the ground she is engulfed in a hug. Lily pulls away and smiles at her, "This means your playing for the championship," she says excitedly.
Adeline doesn't have time to think about it though because James comes up and hugs her, "That was the most incredible save I have ever seen or heard of!"
"Thanks James, it was a team effort."
"No one is congratulating me on my amazing hit, if it wasn't for me we would have lost the game!" Sirius says walking up behind them.
"It was okay, you could have done better," Adeline says jokingly and Sirius laughs.
"I guess I could have." Adeline and Lily start to walk back to the changing rooms but are stopped.
"Wait!" Sirius calls behind them.
"You go on Lily I'll meet you in the common room for the party," Adeline says to her best friend stopping.
"Ok," Lily says giving her a quick squeeze before hurrying off to catch up with Remus and Peter who were by the exit.
Adeline turns to face Sirius who had reached her.
"What?"
"What are you going to do about Henry?" Sirius asks running a finger through his hair.
"I don't know, I think I'm just gonna make his next two months miserable." Sirius grins at this.
"I guess you're not that bad," he says.
"What do you mean?"
"I guess when I first met you you seemed kinda stuck up like you were too good for me."
"I am to good for you," Adeline retorts laughing.
"Well now you make it sound like we are dating," he says winking.
"In your dreams," Adeline says walking away.
She was to far to hear him murmur, "In my dreams."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Loving how this is going! Added the first sign of what's to come. Please vote for this chapter and I'll update soon.
<3