Jealous Much?

Scarlett's POV

I wouldn't say I hate the school, in fact, I like it a lot . The only thing keeping me from loving this place is the egotistical, most arrogant, big headed person sitting right next to me.

I was sat in my assigned seat, ready to start a lesson full of the mutational history when I felt the room become still and silent. He walked in. He walked in and took the free seat that sat right next me and made himself comfortable. What? I looked at him as if he had two heads, wondering why he would want to sit next to someone who made it perfectly clear he doesn't like. After glancing around the classroom for a few seconds he glanced my way and, I suppose, made eye contact.

"What are you looking at" He gave me a dirty look before raising his eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

"A dick. Oh wait- you don't have one." I gave him a sickly sweet, passive smile before turning to the front, ready to not talk to him.

"You don't have to be such bitch, you know"

"You don't have to be such a douche bag" I sassed.

I turned back to the front of the classroom, not wanting to argue anymore.

After a few minute of doodling on my piece of paper, waiting for the class to start, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I started to turn to face the offender, when I heard a bamph in front of me, I jumped slightly at the sudden sight of a Kurt appearing at the head of my desk.

"Oh, hey Kurt" I say, trying to catch my breathe.

"Good morning Scarlett. I vas zinking, do you vant me to show you around zee school a bit more, zee gardens are beautiful at night?" As he asked me this he wore a hopeful smile, and my cheeks grew a pale shade of pink at his comment.

I've yet to see the school at its best, I mean, there was the time we all got here when Xavier showed us around, but i wasn't really paying attention.

"I would love to. Thanks Kurt!" With that he grinned and teleported away to god knows where.

I was excited that I was finally making good friends at a school for once. As I sat with a small smile spread across my face, I heard a sound only the most despicable creature could muster.

"What do want Scott?" Not-so-subtly displaying my agitation.

"You've been here for what? A week? And you're already gonna go on a date with a guy you bearly talk to?"

"First of all, it's not a date. Second, why do you care who i date? Are you jealous or something?" I gave him a suspicious look before he rolled his eyes and began to speak.

"Why would I be jealous of you?" He lent forward, challenging me.

"But you're not jealous of me are you? You're jealous of Kurt" I replied sarcastically.

His face suddenly flushed red, with what though? Anger? Embarrassment?

"Why the hell would I be jealous of Kurt?!" He said defensively.

"I don't know, you tell me" I said as the bell rang signalling that the lesson was over. I grabbed my bag and smirked at the stunned Scott on the way out the classroom, ready to go to Literature, taught by Charles.

Scott's POV

I hate her. So. Much.

As I made my way out of the class room ready for training, I caught up with Jean.

"Hey Scott. How's life?" She asked, in an overly excited voice, being an octave higher than usual.

"I see you're in a good mood." I replied.

"Why wouldn't I be? We have so much to be grateful for, shelter, friends. The list goes on.." What the hell is she on about.

"What?" I asked.

"Can't I just be happy?" She teased as we made our way to the training room.

As we entered we noticed that Charles was sat in his wheelchair in front of everyone.

"Ahh, excellent, everyone's here" he started "we have found a new mutant that will be joining us with missions. Dylan will be a member of the X-Men, he has huge potential and, having the same mutation as Jean, with be a great asset to the team." At that moment I could feel Jean tense up next to me. I glanced to my side towards her, her face had flushed a cherry red. Ha! She's so into him.