s i m o n

"class dismissed, and for the last time please remove that piercing mr minter." the bored looking teacher grumbles, sipping mindlessly from her cup of stale coffee and glancing at the essays littered across her desk.

"sorry." simon murmers, staring down at his bleached converse and fiddling nervously with his septum ring.

his face glows an unattractive shade of red as numerous pairs of eyes follow him throughout the halls. maybe it was his mint green mop of hair or his pastel pink and purple sweater? whatever they found wrong with him they would point it out.

"hey wait!" an uncomfortably familiar voice cries from somewhere in the midst of people.

someone taps his shoulder, uneasily he twists around to be greeted by infamous jj.

"y'alright faggot?" he sniggers, looking up at simon.

"um..." he picks at the nail varnish tainting his nails.

"well fucking answer me you retard!" jj exclaims, people turn to watch the scene unfold.

"i'm fine thanks." simon glares at the floor praying it would swallow him whole.

he turns to walk away but is tapped once again.

"hey." jj smirks before swinging a violent punch at simon's face.

he doesn't react, he never does.

but tears sting the back of his eyes as his cheek throbs with pain.

he should be used to it by now, it isn't like it's the first time it's ever happened.