Chapter 1

。・゜✧Nadia。・゜

"Dan, Phil, wait up!" I called, running up to them. "I have short legs you dimwits." I breathed heavily as I caught up to them. They stood awkwardly and stared at me.

"Sorry." They said in unison. Dan gripped his textbook closer to his chest as the word dimwits came out of my mouth.

"I'd rather you not call us such lewd things." Dan said quietly. I tilted my head at him with a confused expression on my face.

"Oh, sorry. I keep forgetting we aren't as close as we used to be." I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. He rolled his eyes at me and turned around, continuing his walk. "What was that about?" I whisper to Phil, who seems dazed.

"I'm sure it's nothing, he had a pretty bad morning. I'm sure he'll be better tomorrow." Phil shrugged and waved to us as he turned on his street. Dan and I had been neighbors since we were little kids, so we walk the same way home everyday. I stroll a few paces behind Dan as we're walking.

"What's wrong with you today?" I asked, grabbing his shoulder. His dark eyes stared down into my olive green ones.

"Phil is getting bullied at school. I don't want him to get triggered by you making a joke and calling him a name. That's why I've been staying away from you." He turned around, walking the rest of the way back to his flat alone. I stand there awkwardly and pull my phone out, and ringing Phil.

"Hello?" He answers with a choked up voice.

"Phil, are you being bullied?" I ask sternly. There's silence for a moment until the line drops. I turn around and start walking to Phil's flat, then knocking on his front door. His mum answers with a sad expression on her face.

"Nadia? What're you doing here? It's getting dark out love."

"I really need to have a chat with Phil."

"O-oh?" She asks quietly. She opens the door wider for me and then closes it once I'm inside. I take my shoes off and set them by the door.

"I assume he's in his room?" I asked. She nodded and walked back into the kitchen. I walk up the stairs quietly, then giving a soft knock on his bedroom door. "Phil?" I ask. No answer. I turn the knob on his door and crack it open slightly. I close it behind me and look around, then noticing his bathroom for is shut. I walk over and jiggle the doorknob.

"Phil, are you in here?" I called. Nothing. I push my ear against the door and hear running water. Not today, Phil. I grab a bobby pin from under my ponytail and extend it. I carefully place it into the lock hole and jiggle it around slowly. I hear a click on the other side and turn the knob quietly. I see the bathtub water running and Phil holding his nose with his hand under the water. I widen my eyes and rush up to him, grabbing his wrist and pulling him up. He comes up from the water and takes a deep breath, then staring at me.

"Why? Why can't I just die, Nadia? Why do you always have to ruin things for me?!" He shrieks.

"I'm not losing another God damn friend to suicide, Phil! I won't let it happen!" I yell back. Phil's older brother, Martyn, walks into the bathroom with his hand on his hips.

"Why is there so much yelling? I'm trying to study in the room-" he notices Phil sobbing uncontrollably. "Phil!" He pushes me out of the way and sits next to Phil. "What's going on? Why is this happening?" He yells at me.

"He was being bullied at school so I came to check up on him and I found him attempting to drown himself in the bathtub." I say quietly.

"Didn't you know about this beforehand?" He asks.