Chapter four- Shattered memories

Pitch arrived in his lair and placed Luna to a chamber which was locked with a powerful mirror. Pitch went back to Divinstone's residence and sprinkled dark dust all over the place and left. After Pitch left the house, Jack Frost arrived in Luna's residence to check her up. Jack went through the window and found Luke sleeping with a dream. He didn't want to interrupt a kid's dream and continued doing his business. He was looking for Luna as he looked around the doors in the hallway; he overheard her parents conversation and eavesdropped.

" I think Luke is having troubles at school..." Mrs. Divinestone said as she breaks the egg on the pan.

"Luke? Our son?" Mr. Divinestone replied as he sat on  chair.

" he never talks to us... I mean... I can't even know his achievements... you know... his academics... what's he doing in school..."

"Something's fishy..." Jack thought and continued to eavesdrop.

"We should hire a nanny..." Mr. Divinestone suggested while he was flipping a page from his newspaper and sipped his coffee.

" Sigh... I wish Luke had an older sibling... someone to look after him..." Mrs. Divinestone gave a deep breath and continued to fry the eggs.

Jack's eyes was widened after what he has heard, Jack immediately barged into the rooms, hoping that he could find Luna's room. He looked at the door behind him and went inside. As Jack went through the door, he was expecting a girl's bedroom but unfortunately it was an office.

"This is bad..." Jack placed his hand on his head and went back to North's place.

 - - - - - 

Meanwhile in Pitch's Lair, I woke up and realized that I was in another place. I looked around and found an opening showing Pitch petting his horse. I attempted to make a run for it but I bumped into a... a portal? Pitch looked at me and drew an evil smile on his face.

"Oh, so you're awake..." He said as he drew closer to the portal.

"Where am I?" I asked him as I was starting to feel a cold chill from my back.

"You're in my Lair, Luna. So what do you think? Does it..." Pitch went through the portal and held my chin with his cold hand. ".... Make your blood curdle with fear?"

"I'm not afraid of you! Where's home? And Luke?" I hissed.

"Want to know about your previous home?" Pitch looked at me with his glowing yellow eyes.

"P-previous?" I looked at him.

Pitch took me home, we were inside the living room and I can hear my parents having a talk. I went to the kitchen and I found them, Mom was frying hot dogs while dad was taking a sip of his coffee.

"Mom! Dad!" I ran to mom and attempted to give her a hug, but she went through me as if I was invisible. "No!" I looked at mom as she was heading to the sink then I looked at dad. Dad stood up and looked at me? But he did the same thing that mom did. They can't see me? I looked at Pitch as he was looking at me with delight. Pitch snapped his fingers and we were back in his Lair. I kneeled on the cold ground as my tears were unstoppable. I felt a sharp pain as I was beginning to think about how they treated me like a ghost.

" I'll be back, have fun mourning about your lost life." Pitch disappeared into thin air. I lay on the cold ground in a fetus position, Mom... Dad.... This is just a dream. I keep convincing myself that this was all a very bad dream.

- - - - - - -

The lights on North's globe went out flickering one by one, North crossed his arms as he looked at the globe sharply. "I never thought that Pitch can penetrate a teenager..." North threw away his books on the maple floor.