Chapter one

Chapter 1

I woke to the sound of harps. I was so energized and ready for the day. I felt like this day was going to be great. I got dressed and did my morning things. Then started to walk to my "job". The job I really wanted was protector but I was stuck with the right and wrong center. Maybe I should explain. I'm an angel. My job is to help those who pray for help with their choices. Everyday it's the same thing, listen to prays decide which is better then send a report to the sign department. They get to go to the human world. True they don't get to talk to anyone but their job is very important. I wish my job was like that.
But i'm hoping that one day someone from the protector department will be brought up to be in the higher P.U. { Higher prayer unit } then I could apply for the protector job. When I got to my lunch break I went to my best friend Jeremiel. He works for the prediction department. They have to be very smart, they look in everyone's brain and see what will be repeated in his or her life. It was a long walk but I didn't mind. Full of positive attitude comes with the job.
When I got to Jeremiel's work, I had to buzz into his building. Though I don't know why we're angles its not like we're going to break in. I plugged my ears and pushed the button. Then a high pitch screeching sound went off. SQUEEEEE. Then a voice came from the speaker like always. " Welcome to P.D. what's your name and who are you coming to see?" once the voice was done talking I waited 1.5 seconds and said, " My name is Ava and I'm here to see Jeremiel." I waited then the voice spoke again " Jeremiel huh? Ok he'll be right down." He didn't seem very happy but whatever. I waited 2 minutes and 47 seconds until he got down.
Then when he got there I said what i always say which was,  " why hello Jeremiel, have you been having an usual day?" Had then he replied like he always did. " my day has been completely usual, Thank you for asking." Then we walked to our favorite spot on this cloud and had lunch. We talked about all sorts of things. This is the only thing that is different every day in my life. But we always talk about how we think it's going to be like once we get out of teen days and become adults.
After  we started to walk back from our spot we stopped at the store to buy some milk and ice cream. Everyday was so much fun with Jeremiel. Jeremiel walked me home then went back to work. It's hard when he leaves I miss him to much. Well once he left I put the ice cream in the freezer and put the milk in the fridge. I changed then went back to work.
My cheeks still hurt from laughing so much with Jeremiel. Man I miss him. Wait a minute, No, what am I doing. Ok back to work. Let's see ugh this guy, needs help with deciding which shirt to wear on this thing called a "date", what's it like going on a date. When I hear people pray for help about them I would think that they are not very good. Us angels don't date. It's not like we're not aloud to we just don't. Everyone takes their jobs very serious. Well, not the internes. They are all crazy party boys {well and girls}. But if you have time to date then someone on Earth is not being taken care of. But humans are stupid because they are always going on them but they seem to get hurt a lot. Us angels don't get hurt that often but when we do we usually stop the source of the pain
All right, work. 5 hours later I was done for the day. I decided to take a few minutes out of my way home so that I could talk to Jeremiel and ask him if he would like to come and watch a movie and eat some ice cream. Once I got there I stood in front of his door for 3 minutes and 53 seconds until is was 5:10 on the dot. Then the usual group of angels came out the door . Jeremiel was the last to come out like always." What do I owe this pleasure miss. Ava?" Jeremiel said while bowing. " Well I was wondering if I could have the pleasure of your company tonight with some ice cream and a movie."
He said yes. We both walked back to my house. I laughed almost the whole walk. He was telling me this boring story about something that happened at work. Whenever he gets all about work I tune out. I know it's not that polite but it just happens. But since I have to look at him while his talking i can just stare at him and admire his long eyelashes, his green eyes, and his hair perfectly flipped over like an brunette wave of hair.
"And then I was just like Bam! You know?" Jeremiel's story was done and I had to react. I have one thing that usaly works for all of his work story. " wow that happened I have no idea what was going through your head." And saved. " So how has your work been?" Uh oh, Jeremiel asked me the one question that I always miss lead people on my real answer. I couldn't lie to him what do I say? "Ummm it's been very habitual, And anomalous at the same time." Few saved it. " But like what's been going on there, open up a little, I feel like i'm always talking." Shoot. Almost.
" Umm, It's been uhh, i've been uhh, Oh look we're where." I ran up the stairs and put my keys in the door. Why do we even have keys? I don't think anyone here will be breaking into my house. And mine of all peoples. I think i'll tell Jeremiel that. "Why do we even need keys ? it's not like other angels are going to be breaking into my house and taking stuff." There I did it. "Huh, That's a good point. Maybe you can say that at the mounthly angle meet." I think that what Jeremiel said was very smart he's always saying smart stuff like that.
We laughed for hours. And stayed up so late. Almost 8:45. But time just flys by when i'm with jeremiel he makes things not boring anymore. After Jeremiel left and walked home, I read a few chapter of the Bible then went to my room. Before I went to bed I thought about how I reacted when jeremiel asked me how work was and I wanted to change my answer. So I kneeled in my room and began to prey " dear lord, I am thankful that I have jeremiel to help me with my work and such. And that I can trust him with my day. I just wish that I could have a chance at the protector office. I would like to love my job and know it makes a difference. Thank you for all my good days amen. And good night"