Chapter thirty-four: The who wouldn't grow up

"Well, well, well, look who's awake," said the boy in orange clothes. "Another one of those dangerous people. Why are you here?" I guess he's the leader of the group. Like what happened yesterday, our weapons were gone.

"Dangerous? We're not dangerous, we're on a quest," I replied.

"We mean no harm. You may think that the four of us are threats, but we're not," Lenard added. But the orange boy (I'm gonna call them according to the color of their clothing from now on) yelled, "Silence! Your tricks won't trick us, because we're the only ones who are allowed to do those kinds of tricks. Am I right, boys?"

"Yeah!" They said in unison.

"Let me ask again, strangers, why are you here?" The orange boy's face came closer to Lenard's.

I heard him muttered, "I just got wrecked by a kid."

"It's. . . kind of a long story," Chloriette said.

"Really?" Asked the orange boy. "We like to hear stories, especially long ones. After that, we'll fall asleep and forget this all happened."

"Really?"

"No, I was being sarcastic," he retorted.

"Oh," Chloriette said. The lost boys continued asking questions like Who are you? What is it you want? How did you get here? Are you here to destroy us and our home? And why is the guy in blue more annoying than us? All of these boys, the places that I've seen, and other weird things that happened to us here gave me an idea of where we are. Just when I came to that conclusion, another voice came in. "Hey! Why are you boys yelling!?"

They turned and saw an older, taller boy standing by the door. His pointy green hat covered his red hair. His brown eyes glared at them. I could tell he was not human judging from his pointy ears His shirt was also made out of leaves, except for his brown pants and leather shoes. On the left side of his waist hang a harmonica while on the right was a knife. A leather pauldron strapped around his left shoulder to his back. His cheeks were marked with two stripes of brown paint, making him look like a soldier ready to step on the front line.

The boys immediately rushed to him. Their voices mixing in a way that made my head spin. "Hold up, hold up! One at a time! One at a time! Slightly, you first." He pointed at the orange boy.

"Okay!" Slightly started. "In the middle of the night, we were still playing hide and seek in the house, then Nimbs here-" he pointed at the boy wearing a white grayish outfit. "Heard a spooky sound coming from outside. We thought there's a monster snoring out loud."

We all glared at Victor. "Hey, do you have any idea how much I wanted to control my snoring?" Victor glared back.

"By the sound of that," Slightly continued. "We prepared ourselves before heading outside."

"And we found where the sound was coming from," said the twins wearing grey outfits at the same time.

"We thought it's a monster," the fat one said. "But we found out that the sound came from the blue guy over there snoring exactly like me." The little boy sitting on top of the fat boy's shoulder nodded in agreement. "And then-and then-and then-and then they are one of those dangerous people like the last time."

"And we know what to do when they're trying to mess with us again. Right Cubby?" Slightly looked at the fat boy, who was punching his fist to his palm with an angry expression.

"Yeah," Cubby said after cracking a knuckle.

"Hmm, I see." Nodded the boy with the green hat. "That doesn't sound fun at all." And then he brought out a wide smile. "Cubby, release them." The boys gasped at the older boy's order.