0.24

We sit by the phone looking at each other. Sebastian is there as well because he is practically like family to us as well as a few of Declan's security who have been there since he took over his dad's Mafia.

"I'm sorry that you've been forced to stay by my family. Many of you left family behind and today or whenever they come for me I want you to go back to them. Make things right with them. I hope you and your families can find a way to forgive me for all the hurt that my family has ever caused you."

"Declan many of us have watched you grow up," Sebastian says. "You have always been a smart man but we had a feeling you would give it up. Of course we never expected you to turn yourself in but we are proud of you for doing the right thing."

Declan looks like he might cry so I hold his hand as he dials in the number for the local police station. They pick up too soon and then Declan tells them everything. Where he is and what he has done.
An hour later the police arrive. They put all of us in handcuffs and take us to the station and take Declan somewhere else.

They question us and afterwards everyone except for Declan and his bodyguards leave. The police give us a hotel to stay in for a few nights and some social workers come in to help us arrange where we want to go.

"You can start over now." The social worker says to me as she drives me to the passport office.

I smile at her. "Yes, that's all I want."