Fourteenth

"Oh shit!" I heard because she almost shouted and I was on the small kitchen of the unit. Hah! That's what I'm talking about last night. Tsk tsk. Pumasok ako sa room para ibigay sa kanya yung gamot para sa sakit ng ulo at tubig. She took it. "Thank you." Minamasahe niya ang sentido niya at nakatitig lang ako sa kanya habang naka-cross arms.

"That's what you get from playing with me last night." I told her in a teasing manner. She looked at me and pouted. "I'm not playing around when I said those, nalasing lang talaga ko." She explained. "So you have a debt to pay." I grinned. "Yeah, yeah. But not now Chris. Sa sakit ng ulo ko baka kung ano pa ang magawa ko sayo. You won't like it." That convinced me but it's not like I want to do it now with her in that condition. Ganun na ba ko kamanyak?

"Ganun na ba talaga kamanyak ang tingin mo sakin babe? It's not like I want to do it even if your sick." I told her sa tonong nagtatampo. "Get out of the bed now. Breakfast is ready." Then I got out of the room. Tsk.

Pumunta ko sa kitchen para magtimpla ng kape ng may yumakap sa likod ko. "It's not what I meant Chris. Wag ka ng magtampo sakin babe." She said but I didn't utter a word. Pinagpatuloy ko lang ang pagtitimpla ko ng kape. It's not what she meant? Pero iba yung dating sakin nun. Humarap ako sa kanya at inabot yung isang kape para sa kanya. "Heto kape mo." I told her coldly tsaka naglakad papunta sa lamesa which is only at the front of the kitchen island.

We finished breakfast without even talking. I've gone to the couch to watch tv while she took her bath. I sighed and went on the veranda to get some fresh air. The beach was busy with people enjoying the early swim. Why do I have to feel like this? We're supposed to enjoy right? Am I ruining our second honeymoon? I run my fingers through my hair and sighed again.

Naramdaman ko na naman ang yakap niya mula sa likod ko. Hinarap ko siya at niyakap ng mahigpit tsaka hinalikan sa sentido niya. I shouldn't be like that. Besides she already told me that it's not what she meant.

"Hindi ka na nagtatampo babe?" Tiningala niya ko. I nod and kissed her. "Kamusta pakiramdam mo? Masakit pa ba ulo mo?" I sat on the chair and grab her to sit on my lap. "Much better than a while ago. Nakabuti yung paliligo ko." She answered me and buried her face on my neck. Then silence reigned on us.

"Babe?" She called. "Hmm?" I lazily asked her and started caressing her long hair. "Okay lang naman na maging manyak ka basta sakin lang. I never meant anything about what I said this morning. Masakit lang talaga ulo ko. I'm sorry kung iba ang naging dating nun sayo." Napangiti na lang ako dahil sa sinabi niya.

"Okay na yun babe. I was just being a sissy this past few days. Ang babaw ko para ikatampo yun. Sorry din." I kissed her temple. "So bati na tayo babe?" I heard happines on her tone. "We never had a fight babe." I told her and she reached for my lips and kissed it fast. I continued caressing her hair in silence.

Matagal din kami sa ganung position then I checked on her, she was already sleeping. I bet she got tired last night. I'll just let her sleep this time. Binuhat ko na siya carefully para dalhin sa kama. Inalis ko yung mga buhok na humarang sa mukha niya nung ibinaba ko siya tsaka ako tumabi sa kanya.

Tumagilid ako at ipinatong sa kamay ko ang ulo ko. I was just staring at her. Relieved that she was still here with me when I remembered my nightmare. Possible pala na magkaron ka ng panaginip na parang totoong totoo? Well I never wanted to experience that again. I touch her face and turned to her pinkish lips. I gently touch it with my thumb. I was so lucky to own this, to have her.

She moved but she didn't woke up. She hugged me with her hands and legs kaya umayos ako ng higa para hindi siya mangalay. She automatically put her head on my chest. I can't help but to smile. I am gifted with a wife like Zerina. She was worth the risk afterall. I caressed her back gently and kissed the top of her head. "Hmmmlove you babe." I heard that again. I guess I would love hearing that for the rest of our life.