Chapter One~

Chapter One~
    I look at my red hair, red eyes, red lips. I push everything off my vanity. Vanity, the people with too much pride in themselves. I was born in Wrath, with pretty much means that my anger always gets the best of me, our main crime here in Wrath is cold blooded murder.
    “COME DOWN YOU IDIOT… IT’S BREAKFAST TIME! STOP STARING AT YOURSELF, YOU’RE UGLY ANYWAYS!” My Mother screams. Yeah, she definitely fits into the Wrath. I can’t remember the last time my hair or eyes or lips were my natural color. This is because, I never had my natural color. When women are pregnant, in every Colony, whether you’re in Gluttony, Vanity, Envy, Lust, Sloth, Wrath, or Avarice. They make women swallow a pill that alters the genetics of your baby, making them have the color of their represented sin. Gluttony being a light peach pink, Vanity with purple, Envy with acidic green, Lust a deep pink, Wrath, a dark blood red and Avarice, gold. When you transfer you have to take another pill to alter your colors. That is if you transfer. I walk down the stairs, red surrounds me everywhere. Wrath’s adopted color. I look into the mirror in front of the stairs, My beautiful curly luxurious hair, my beautiful tan skin. I really truly am beautiful. I would marry myself if I could. I have always known what my true sin was. The whole system is actually pretty good. Everybody has a sin. Which makes people have different personalities. In which made the outbreak so we separate ourselves from our differences and keep in with the same crowd. Except our schools, we all share schools, and we get to our schools by train. My school is in Sloth, the lazy. I have always disliked the Sloth. They basically just throw away their life. But most of the people who go to my school are the Lust. Otherwise known as the sluts. Sex-craved maniacs who can only think of themselves being pleasured by other people. They disgust me. Even though there is a lot of good looking people in there. They wear risky outfits and their color is a deep pinky color. But I was born Wrath, so I basically hate everybody except for the Vanity, I’ve always admired them. Or better yet sometimes envied them. All of them are beautiful. They just look so carelessly perfect. The Envy or the jealous usually watch them all the time, they always want to be somebody. The Envy usually keep to a crowd too, a lot of them don’t really attract other people, usually because they can be backstabbing. The Sloth and Gluttony usually are social with one another, both are lazy. Gluttony is the excessive eaters, most of them are a little over weight. But some of them can be sweethearts, with a almost let me bake you cookies kind of charm. They’re alright to me. I don’t bug them, they don’t bug me I actually take a liking to them. They remind me of “the person next door” if I didn’t live in Wrath.
    “Aren’t you going to eat?” My father asks me. His piercing red eyes stare through my soul, and he slams the newspaper onto the table. I learned not to get upset with them. It’s their sin. But sometimes I wish I could be with the Vanity or maybe even the Avarice. They are the greedy, they are all so beautiful though, tinged with gold and have that solid stare, if anyone were to be friends with Envy though, it’s them. Or maybe Gluttony, Sloth… eh. I just hate how our sin is allies with the Lust. We are the top dogs, looked up to the most by the others, the Wrath like us are the bullies in school, and are reckless so that’s part of the reason.  
    “No father or else I’ll be late for my choosing ceremony.” I reply.
My mother purses her lips, “Alright Shay, we love you. I hope you know that. It’s anger that’s all. But just choose correctly.” I should of remembered. My mother was from Envy. My father never transferred. I wonder why though. Sometimes he can have an irresistible charm. My mother is pretty for her age, when she was tinged with green I honestly think she looked better, but whatever. It’s not about the color… but it’s about you. Who you are.
    “Thanks Mom…” I say and hug the both of them. If I do transfer. I will never see them again unless we are trading goods or are at the annual tournament. Which when the time comes I will fill you in on.
    I reach school. I turn eighteen today and every month we gather for the choosing ceremony, where we choose our new life. I walk into the ice blue doors, The Sloth’s color, with a bunch of Lust’s. I spot one girl with only a bra and pink panties on, with six inch high heels. Yes, it’s acceptable because they’re the sex craved lust. And with a lust Assistant Principal it doesn’t help either.
    “I wonder what Mrs.Vine has in store for us today..” I say to my friend, Nelson. He’s a part of the Gluttony. But he is also really charming and fit. Just because he’s Gluttony doesn’t mean he has to be Sloth.
    “I don’t know, but I could really go for one last taste of my grandma’s peanut butter cookies.” He smirks at me, his yogurt pink eyes give off a certain smile but I see the hurt in his eyes, “Are you transferring..?” I ask.
He licks his lip with the tip of his tongue, “Yeah… to Vanity.” He smiles.
    “Oh…” I say.
He walks into class but peeks his head out the door, “Don’t think of your parents! Think of you Shay!”