Chapter Ten~

Chapter Ten-

    “EVERYBODY LINE UP! LINE UP! LET’S GO!” Diamond commands and we line up near the opening of the runway. Java smirks and tilts takes my hand and tilts his chin up, “You’re going to do fine. You look amazing.” I feel almost superior now. Getting compliments from a Wrath is definitely a compliment you should take. They aren’t the most generous people.
    “Thanks, that means a lot.” I see the ten new initiates line up with us. Two from Sloth. Melody smiles seeing a newly operated like the rest of us girl, who I overhear call her cousin. Then she hugs the other Sloth boy and smiles, slowly kissing his hand. A Sloth’s way of saying hello, Because they’re to lazy to hug people most of the time. Three from Envy. Two boys, one, biting their nails eagerly. Buzzed cutted hair, chiseled jaw line. And the other one, hair that reaches the small of his back, slicked and cut very finely. Who just stares ahead. Then a girl, who’s hair is in pigtails and has a very innocent looking face, big bug eyes, small lips, yet very pretty. Then there is one from Avarice. A boy with a bowl cut, and squinty eyes. Then two from gluttony, A girl who has had her belly lipo-suctioned into a firm curved torso. But has a meaner stare, not like the other Gluts. And another girl, who is smaller, probably five feet two inches. A ponytail caresses the small of her back and she takes a chunk of the hair and puts it in her mouth, sucking nervously on it, a stylist has to come and fix it for her. Then I see two more in the back socializing. More Envy, twin girls. Identical. That may be a problem. They stare at me then turn back to each other and laugh, flaunting their hands around as they speak and putting a hand to their chest to steady their laughter. I see Myst looking at them, with an eyebrow raised, crossing her arms. She probably wants to smack them in the face and jam their teeth in. I kind of do to. She walks up to me and fixes my hair. “You will be fine.” She walks to her place in line. Beck gives the other Avarice girl a playful punch to the arm and laughs. I hear him identify her and confirm her name as Amber. Diamond scans the line and yells at the two twins gently yet a firmness in her voice. She hands the newly transferred initiates the pills and they swallow them, turning purple. They’re one of us now.
    “Alright Melody on my count! One… Two… Three!” Melody struts onto the stage and the crowd roars at the sight of her. She blows kisses which I see on the big television screen. She is somebody to watch out for. Definitely. I hear her cousin cheer from behind me. More and more initiates step onto the stage. Beck, Lulu, the other two Lusts, Marilyn and Sheryl. Amber, The other Sloth boy from the first round of initiates, Cotton. The other Gluttony boy from our first round, Jake. Melody’s cousin, the bowl cut boy, The small hair eating girl, The twins walk out together. Huge mistake. Now it’s me. My turn. My time to shine. I’m going to light this runway on fire. That’s something I can promise.