A throwback to year 11 science

It was cold and misty one October morning, the sun was trying to breach through the early morning mist. I was stood with my smart friend Diane outside waiting for our teacher to arrive and let us and the rest of the class who had actually turned up on time into the sightly warmer classroom and begin our hour long boring science lesson about god knows what, I think it was chemistry. After about 10 minutes of standing in the cold talking to Diane and occasionally shyly looking over at a girl who I really liked who thank god for me was in my science class and also my art class, our science teacher finally arrived and let us freezing human beings into the only slightly warmer science room. 

I walked all the way to my unfortunate seat at the very front on the classroom and began to pull my back pack off of my shoulders then plonk it onto the table in front of me. After I had finished thinking about how lonely I was at the front of the classroom and that it wasn't fair that my friend got to sit at the very back of the classroom on the same row of tables as my female crush, which was basically a routine I would do in every science lesson, I noticed a thin really light brown line on top of my navy blue back pack only to see that it was a fucking daddy long legs, here in front of me on my fucking bag. 

Now, my class probably already thought that I was just a strange quiet person who never seems to know what the fuck is going on most of the time but to begin screaming and running away from my bag wasn't an option and so I held in this fear of mine and calmly shook my bag so that the daddy long legs could fly away, which it did. But the bad thing was that the door at the back of the classroom had already been closed and so it flew around the classroom making many other people in the classroom freak out and cause a commotion, I was not one of them. 

My teacher asked what was going on and many people pointed towards the daddy long legs which had now found a spot on the ceiling near me to rest. The teacher then rolled her eyes and said "it won't kill you, anyway sit down and get your books out" which we all did and then proceeded to have our boring lesson about things that you do in chemistry, like atoms and shit. 

This then caused me to be constantly distracted throughout the whole lesson, fearing that the daddy long legs would start to fly any second and maybe come near me. I spent the whole lesson trying to think of the work but my mind wasn't having any of it and had started coming up with all these scenarios of what I could do if the daddy long legs flew near my face at any point during the lesson. Thank fully for me, it stayed put right up until the end of the lesson and when that bell went for the end of class I made sure to drag my arse out of there as fast as I could, also making sure that I took my friend with me and catching a slight glimpse of my female crush.