Dinner

'Home sweet home, bed sweet bed' I thought as I began to start my relaxation from a long day of school. I switched on my blue HP laptop and moved my mouse over to google chrome to begin my 4 hour binge watch of Tom Cassell's (aka Syndicate) vlogs whilst eating my dinner which was spaghetti hoops and BBQ chicken. As I began to find the video I was last at the day before, I noticed a black mark on one of the two set of white drawers at the corner of my eye. I turned by head to inspect it but to only find that it was a daddy long legs just chillin. 

My head started screaming and the fear rose within me and I continued to stare at the beast. My sister then noticed what I was staring at and immediately screamed and proceeded to run as fast as Usain Bolt out of our shared bedroom. Loosing as sense of calmness I was trying to sustain, I quickly followed after her as we both ran out into the hallway and then turned around to check where the flying creature had flown to. 

By now my brother had opened his door and revealed his unamused face to the pair of us to figure out what was going on. He then began to walk into our bedroom instantly noticing what was going on since it wasn't hard to tell because my sister and I were both trying to call our mum upstairs to get rid of the beast. But before my brother could find and get rid of the daddy long legs, it began to fly past us into the hallway that we were in, both of us squealed as it flew past. 

By now our mother had walked up stairs and the daddy long legs had landed in the crease of the wall just opposite the banister to the stairs. Mum instantly saw it and began to reach for it and succeeded, thank god. Spindly scary creature captured, check. As she stood there for a split second and peered into the bathroom to check if the window was open, which it wasn't, she then turned and began to walk in my direction. 

This caused a sensation of panic and an instant urge to run back into my now daddy long legs free bedroom and slam the door shut. As much as I would have liked to have done that sooner, I couldn't, as my brother was standing in the way and my mother was still walking towards me. Urgently, I pushed my brother out of the way as hard and as fast as I could and began screaming as loud as my voice could go and finally made it into my bedroom, slamming the door behind me. 

I heard my mum raise her voice saying "what the fuck are you screaming at?" after I had closed the door. I opened it and walked out to see that my mother had only been walking to the open window in my brothers bedroom which I had been standing in front of that whole time that I was screaming and urgently trying to run away from. Silly me. "Oh" I chuckled nervously, "I thought you were going to let it go in front of my face" I said as my heart was still racing, the adrenaline still pumping through my system. 

I then realised that my mother had also been holding the house phone this whole time and was on the phone to my Nan, god knows what she thought was going on, maybe it was entertaining for her. Anyway, before anyone could start mocking me, I walked back into my shared bedroom and resumed eating my dinner whilst watching Syndicate's vlogs, oh what a relaxing afternoon this was.