24.

It was stunning, to say the least. 8:30, and the clouds had cleared while they watched the sunset.

"I really didn't expect this," Dan spoke, eyes twinkling. Phil smiled because he really didn't think the date would go so smoothly. Putting his arm around Dan's shoulders, he sighed. "It's beautiful," Dan continued, looking up into Phil's eyes. For once, Dan's eyes didn't hold the usual sadness they did, and it was replaced with astonishment, stupefied.

"You know what's better," Phil began, looking down at the boy in front of him with upmost affection, and devotion.

"What?" He asked, leaning in to Phil's embrace, so they were only inches apart. Dan's head laid tenderly on Phil's shoulder, sparkling eyes looking his way.

"You."

"That's.. so cheesy." He replied, looking at Phil playfully while he toyed with the hem of his sweater in one hand. While it was cheesy, Dan supposed he liked cheesy, from the way his cheeks flushed and his ears burned, all the way down to his neck. He giggled.

And then Phil was looking at his lips lustfully, and his eyes flickered back to Dan's.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked.

The words hung in the air for a few seconds. Dan took a few moments to process it, and after he did, he was a mess. He was giggling and nodding, wearing the biggest smile he'd ever worn.

So Phil leaned in, at first carefully gracing his lips upon Dan's. Dan's shoulders relaxed, and he placed his hands around Phil's neck. He smiled into the kiss, eyes closed.

All too soon, it got heated, and he wasn't sure if he wanted it to. He went with it, what's the harm? His back was pressed against the blanket in the grass, and he was gently pinned down by Phil. He tried his best to relax, but the more he tried, the worse the outcome. Abruptly, he pulled away. Phil noticed something was wrong.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if I moved too fast."

"It's okay," "- I just need to go slow." He added, a small grin finding its way on his face as he ONE again hung his arms around Phil's shoulders.