The Start Of The Fair

Author's Note

Hello again!
I just wanted to say to everyone, THANK YOU lol for the reviews and feedbacks! Also, I apologize for mess ups in my typing. I'm doing all of this through my phone so to edit and fix everything is a bit of a challenge but I am a bit of a perfectionist so I will do my darnest to work harder! Lol
I hope you enjoy the following chapter!

It's a Saturday afternoon as we see Arnold and Gerald walking down the street. Since the day before, when Arnold had taken Helga on a 'walk', he was not able to get her out of his head for even a moment but this time he kept playing in his head what he had said. "Now do you know why I asked you if you felt that way towards me?" he kept rewinding because he hardly knows himself! He knows he obviously likes her but does he LOVE her? That's what he constantly kept thinking. What if Helga thinks I love her? I should be honest shouldn't I? He thought and thought. Meanwhile, impatiently following him was Gerald, waiting on Arnold to tell him what's going on. He grabs him by the shoulder to bring him back to reality and stop him from walking.

"As much as I love following you Arnold, I'd sure love to know where were heading to." He said somewhat sarcastically.

"Oh. Sorry Gerald. I could have sworn that I already told you." Arnold said kind of shyly. Gerald raised an eyebrow at Arnold's gesture.

"Are we goin where I think were goin?" He asked knowingly since he knows his best friend so well.

"Well I really haven't been able to get her out of my mind Gerald. You saw us yesterday! There's something there that I literally can't explain and I just want to figure it out." Arnold said a bit worried. Gerald raised both hands to his hips and shook his head.

"Mmmm mmmm mmmm. And what use am I going to be for you in this predicament of yours?" the tall haired boy asked. Arnold looked him with a sincere look and a slight smile.

"Encouragement?" he said waiting for Gerald's response. All Gerald was able to do was roll his eyes and continue walking since he now knows his way towards they're destination.

"C'mon lover boy, before I change my mind." Arnold brightened up and followed. Getting there, Arnold stops in his tracks from how nervous he suddenly felt.

"What's wrong Arnold? You got this!" his best friend said reassuringly. Arnold looked at Gerald and back to the Pataki's household door. Gerald moved to the side to hide a bit and gestured his hand to go ahead. Arnold took a big gulp and walked up the steps, knocking on the door. It took a moment but the door finally opened only to show a bigger figure than Arnold anticipated.

"Yeah. What do you want?" asked in his usual annoyed tone. Arnold tried his best to get some words out of his mouth.

"Uh.. Ummm.. I-Is Helga available?" He managed to let out. Knowing it's Helga's dad made Arnold uneasy since he feels the way he does towards her. Big Bob raised one side of his brow.

"Available? In what way do you mean oddly head shaped kid?" he said with a growl in his voice considering he was talking about his daughter. Arnold put his hands in front and started shaking his hands.

"N-No Mr. Pataki! I didn't mean it that way at all!" he stopped his hands and started fumbling with his fingers. "I meant if she was home." Arnold asked shyly. Big Bob gave him a look to not mess with and called out to his daughter.

"Helga! You're little oddly shaped headed friend is at the door!" he yelled. As soon as he was finished with the sentence Helga was at the door. She scooted her father to the side and took over the door.