Untitled Part 13

One of the officers wrapped a dense blanket around me and helped me to my feet. "Ma'am, can you hear me?" He asked. I nodded my head as he walked me to the front of the house where I saw all the police cars and an ambulance. I looked around confused as to where I am. "Ma'am, I need to know your name." The officer asked, walking me to the back of the ambulance. "M-Miles Carlson." I mumbled. "Okay Miles, I'm going to ask you some questions." He said pulling out a small pad of paper along side a blue pen. I looked behind the police tape that surrounded the property and I saw Hunter and Ty trying to push through other officers to get to me. "Hunter, Ty." I mumbled still looking at them. The officer in front of me looked in the direction I was staring and saw the boys.

"Do you know them?" He asked. I nodded my head in response. The officer walked over to them and allowed them entry. Hunter and Ty both ran over to me and stopped when they saw me. "Miles, are you okay?" Hunter asked. I looked at them before letting all the tears flow down my cheeks. Hunter wrapped his arms around me protectively and ran his hand down my hair. "It's okay Miles, we're here now, We'll keep you safe." Hunter said, trying to calm me down. "Are you guys related?" The officer asked. "No, she lives with us. After her parents died, we took her in. We've know her for years now." Hunter explained. "Can I get your names?" The officer asked another question. "I'm Hunter Crosser and that's Tyler Jensen." Hunter said pointing towards Ty. "What's your name?" Ty asked the officer. "I'm Sergent Westley Hills. I'm the head of this case and I'm going to have to asked you two some questions." He replied. Just as Hunter and Ty were walking off, I grabbed their wrists and pulled them back. "Please don't leave me." I pleaded.

They both sighed and looked at each other. "I'll stay here with her." Ty said, walking to my side and wrapping his arms around me. "Okay, I'll talk to Sergent Hills." Hunter said, walking away with the officer. "I'm so sorry we left you alone like that Miles. I didn't know that was going to happen, I should have forced Hunter to take you with us." Ty confessed. "It's okay." I muttered. "Tell me exactly what this guy did to you." Ty demanded. I explained everything from the start till just now to him. His eyes filled with rage as he looked to the side of the property where I told him I came out from. Ty looked back at me then began to walk towards the back of the house. "Ty stop. What are you doing?!" I followed closely behind as he pushed pasted the hesitant officers and swung open the doors. He walked down the stairs and saw The man who kidnapped me standing there; waiting.

"You piece of shit!" Ty growled and charged the man. Ty talked the man and began to attack him. The officers ran down the stairs and pulled Ty off the man and forced him back, but Ty just pushed past and pinned the man. Ty grabbed the man's shirt and picked him up. He pinned the man to the wall and the man laughed. "Who are you?!" Ty yelled at him; the man just laughed at his face. "Answer my god damn question!" Ty yelled then threw a punch. "Max, Max Carlson." He spat at Ty. My heart stopped as I finally realize this was my uncle. "Uncle Max? They....they told me you were dead." I said walking closer to him. "They lied, I was in prison, but was released by bail. All thanks to Tom." He laughed. I felt so betrayed at this point. "And your sister I was talking about, she wasn't as feisty as you were when I got her." He smiled.

Ty let go of Max and kicked him in the stomach before taking my hand and pulling me out of there. Once we got back to the ambulance, I sat back down and Ty paced around. "T-Ty, are you okay?" I asked quietly. He stopped pacing and sighed out loud. "I'm fine, It's you I'm worried about Miles. What if we didn't get to you in time? What if I had gotten you to come with us?" He kept asking question after question. I reached out and grabbed his arm. "Relax Ty. It's okay, I'm okay." He began to relax as soon as I placed my hand on his arm. "Listen, we have to take Miles to the hospital to be sure no critical damage was done." One of the paramedics said, butting into our conversation. "I'm coming with." Ty said trying to climb into the back. "We can't take anyone with us right now. You'll have to stay here." The paramedic told Ty. I climbed into the back and was seated on the bed. They closed the back doors and sped off.

The ambulance approached the hospital and I was forced to lay in the bed. I got under the covers and laid there silently while they wheeled me into the hospital. "We have someone." The female paramedic yelled, rushing me into the emergency area. A doctor came running up to my side and looked down at me. "What's the situation?" She asked. "She was kidnapped, beaten, and raped." The male paramedic answered. "Send her to trauma bay 9." The doctor said running behind the counter and checking something. I was pushed through doors for a while until they stopped in a room and sat me up.

A couple nurses came in and looked around. "Let's start her and IV." The female nurse said. They began to a quick doing simple tests before the doctor arrived. "Ma'am, I need you to follow my finger with your head." The male nurse said moving his finger up, down, and side-to-side. I tried my best to keep up, but I ended up delaying my actions. "Okay, now just your eyes." He asked and continued to do the same actions with his finger. It looked as if his finger had a drag line behind it. "Her reaction time is delayed, she might have a head injury." He told the other nurse. "Okay, we'll wait for Dr. Mason to confirm." The female nurse replied. Shortly after the doctor showed up and smiled at me. "Hi, I'm Dr. Mason and I'm just going to do a quick physical scan just to be sure of no serious injuries. " She explained and looked at the metal table that sat beside her.

She grabbed her flashlight and looked at me. "Okay, I want you to look up for me." She said and I complied with her. She shinned the flashlight at my eyes quickly before turning it off and looking at me. She looked at me concerned before placing her flashlight down. "What's your name?" She asked. "Miles." I replied. "Miles, how many fingers am I holding up?" She asked while raising her hand. It's really hard to see how many with the drag lines. "Um.....three?" I guessed. She put her hand down and looked at the other nurses. "She might have had some sort of head trauma." She paused and looked back at me. "Do you hear a ringing or buzzing sound?" She asked me. I nodded my head, it's there, but not loud. She placed a hand on my forehead and pulled back. "I need a thermometer." She said holding out her hand.

The female nurse gave her the thermometer. "I need you to open your mouth and stick up your tongue ." I did as she asked and she stuck the cold thermometer into my mouth. I closed my mouth at we sat there in silence. There was a high pitched beeping sound that caught the attention of the doctor. She removed the thermometer and looked at me surprised. "We have to get the fever down; 104." My eyes widened after she told me how high my fever was. "Okay, don't worry about a thing. We'll fix you up and I guess we'll determine if you can leave tonight." The doctor said with a smile and returned one.