Chapter 36

I woke up to hear the front door closing. I bolted up right and looked beside me, Hunter wasn't there. I jumped out of bed and race down the stairs to the front door. I pulled it open and saw a taxi begin to drive way. Shit, I was too late. I felt my heart be torn out of my chest as I saw the taxi fade farther away. Why didn't I go with him? I walked back inside and closed the door behind me. I sighed loudly and walked back upstairs. I walked into my room and closed the door behind me quietly. I slid down onto the floor and began to regret my choice. Who knows how long it will be before I see him again. I got up and walked over to my bed to see a note a pillow. I quickly snatched the note and pulled it open. "Hey Miles. I understand completely why you didn't want to come. You deserve a fresh start somewhere new. Stay safe. I'll try and visit again soon. I love you so much Miles." I hugged the note and began to feel mentally numb. I just lost everything I had put together.

I heard a soft knock on my door and the door open. "Miles. It's 5 am, why aren't you sleeping?" I heard my tired Aunt ask. I didn't reply, I just kept holding the note tightly, as if I could bring him back the tighter I held it. "Miles. I know it hurts. Just try to get some more sleep and we can talk when the sun's up." She walked out of my room and closed the door. This is the last thing I have of him, physically at least. I crawled back under the covers and put the note back on the pillow before closing my eyes and falling back asleep.

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. I squinted my eyes and I rolled over to face the window. The sun was up and brightly shining through. I didn't want to get up, but I may as well. I slid out of my bed and walked to the door. I left my room and walked down stairs to be greeted to my Aunt. "Morning Miles. How are you feeling?" She asked politely. "Do you want the truth or do you want sugar-coated." I said, flopping down onto the couch across from her. "You know I want the truth." She replied. "Honestly, I wish I went with Hunter. I miss him so much already." I told her. It sounded harsh, but it was true. I don't hate my Aunt, I know I probably made it sound like that, I just really miss the family I put together.

"I understand Miles. I know you miss them, but you can have a new, fresh start," She paused. "Speaking of which, I'm putting you into school." My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. "You're what?! Please auntie, don't do this." I pleaded. "It's too late, I've registered you already. You start your first class Monday." She told me with a smirk. "Auntie, I don't think I'm ready for school again."
"Sweet-heart, you can't just saunter around the house all day everyday. Besides, you want to have a job don't you?"
"I don't care at this point. I don't want to go to school." I complained. "That's to bad. You're going." She got up off the couch and walked into the kitchen. I growled under my breath and sat down on the couch. I thought for a moment, maybe this isn't such a bad idea.

I'll be able to meet new people and possibly make new friends. No, I don't want new friends, I want my old ones back. Maybe I should just fly home and meet up with Hunter at the airport. No, I should stay here and ride this out. I might actually like it here.

*Monday.*

"Miles sweetie, time to get up for school." I heard my auntie's sweet voice quietly call for me. I groaned and rolled over. "C'mon sleepyhead, You have half-an-hour before your bus comes." I heard her walk out of my room and close the door. I sighed loudly and rolled off the bed and hit the floor harder than I wanted to. I winced in pain by my stupidity and picked myself up off the floor. I walked to my dresser and pulled out a band tee, black distressed skinny jeans, a black, cat eared beanie, as well as a bunch of band bracelets. Once I got dressed, I went to the bathroom and began to do my make up. Once I had that finished I grabbed my bag (which had all my supplies inside), my new Ipod, ear buds, and a pair of socks.

I walked down to the living room and tossed my bag onto the couch. I was so unhappy to be going back to hell. "Honey, I know you're not happy about this. Just, please try it out for at least a week, if you still don't like it, I wont make you stay." She smiled weakly and hugged me. I guess I have to try it out now. I smiled shyly back and walked into the kitchen. "Oh, also, I made you a lunch." My Aunt said cheerfully. I saw a container with a sandwich inside, a few chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips, and a can of Iced Tea. I grabbed my lunch and crammed it into my bag.

"You'd better get outside, you're bus will be here any minute." She said looking at the clock. I didn't bother checking the time. I put on my socks and shoes, grabbed my back and ran out the door. I walked up to the side walk and saw a bus fast approaching. The bus came to a halt in front of me and the doors opened. "You must be Miles. Welcome and please find a seat." An older lady with short brownish grey hair greeted me. I walked onto the bus and felt slightly intimidated. I walked down the isle until I found and empty spot. I sat right up against the window, plugged in my music, and watched as houses, cars, and palm trees flew by.

After a moderately short bus ride, the bus stopped in front of a school. I sighed and got up out of my seat and made my way off the bus. I can't wait to see how this will turn out.