Chapter 35

I woke up to the sound of a steady beating sound. Beep, beep, beep, beep. I winced due to the bright light sitting above me. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to adjust to the light. I looked around and saw my Aunt, Uncle, and Hunter? Where am I? I coughed loudly and winced in pain. I guess my groan in pain alerted Hunter, since he woke up. "Miles, you're awake! I was so worried about you." He said, jumping out of his chair and walking to my bedside. "H-how long was I out?" I asked tiredly. "Three weeks. We thought you weren't going to make it." He said concerned. I smirked and looked at the ceiling. I was out that long? Wow, They must have been really scared. "Miles. I need you back. At the house. Trinity has locked herself in her room and hasn't left. I miss you so much Miles, it hurts not wake up and not see you there." He told me. "As much as I want to go back, I just can't. Not until Ty fixes his problems." I replied.

I knew my decision was going to hurt them, but I'm sticking to my intention. "I can't go back knowing I've screwed everything up. You and Ty were such good friends until that day and it hurts me to know I ruined something so fragile."
"You didn't ruin anything. Ty needs his space for now. Come back and we can solve the situation."
"Hunter, you don't understand. Just the thought of going back right now really hurts me. I need sometime to think."
"You can come back and think about whatever it is. I promise, no one will hurt you." I almost snapped when he said that. "Ty said the same thing and now look where I am!" I sighed and looked down. "I just can't go back." I mumbled. Hunter grabbed my hands and looked me straight in the eyes. "I will help you fix everything, I just need you to come back." He pleaded. I sighed once more and I thought about it. Should I go back? I just got here and hardly had any visitation with my family. I guess I didn't really just get here, I've been here for a month.

"My flight back home is next Thursday. You should be out of the hospital within the next few days. When you make a decision, let me know." He said and turned around to wake up mt Aunt and Uncle. They woke up and saw me awake. "Miles! You're okay!" My aunt jumped up and ran over to give me a hug. I hugged her back and smiled. "You were out for so long. I flew in Hunter to come visit you because I wasn't sure if you were going to pull through." She explained. "I know, we were talking." I said simply. I hope I didn't sound too nasty. "Oh, okay. How are you feeling?" She asked. "I'm okay, my head hurts a little, but otherwise I feel fine." I told her. I hope these dumb wounds will heal.

*Time skip too the following Wednesday night*

I looked at my empty bags indecisively. Should I go back home or should I stay here? Should I go back to all the pain and sorrow or should I stay with the worry and homesickness? "Miles? Can I come in?" I had been so zoned-out that I didn't hear the person on the other side of the door. "Y-yea." I replied and brushed some of my hair behind my ear. I heard the door open and I heard footstep get closer to me. "So, have you made up your mind?" I heard Hunter asked from behind me. I sighed loudly, "I don't know. If I stay, I have a somewhat clean slate to work with. If I go, I have to worry about people trying to kill me, but that could happen anywhere now. If I go, I have you and Trinity to back me up. If I stay, I get to see my family. I'm so lost." I told him while sitting down on my bed. He sat down beside me and wrapped his arm over my shoulder.

"I know this is a hard decision, I'm not going to force you to come back. I just wish you want to come back." He said sighing. I looked down. Why can't this be easier. "I think I'm going to stay here for a while. I need to get my head straight and let these wounds heal." I told him. He looked at me saddened, but understandingly. "Okay Miles. Like I said, I'm not going to force you to come with me. I was hoping you were going to come, but I understand why you don't want to. I'm leaving pretty early tomorrow morning, so this is our last time we see each other for a while." He said. My eyes widened, "How early is early?" I asked. "I'm leaving the house at 4:30 in the morning."
"Oh, you can't delay that till later?" I asked hopefully. "Sadly, no, The best time for me to go is that time." I can't believe it. I only have a few hours left with him. I know I don't want to go back, but I don't want him to leave. He wont move from Canada to Florida. I'm just going to have to spend my last couple hours with him. I hugged Hunter tightly and felt a tear roll down my cheek. I seriously wish he could stay for a few more days.