Chapter 3

Lucas's POV
When I got back to my place, I wanted to spend more time with Maya. I got changed into something fancy because of the place that I was taking her.
(A/N what Lucas is wearing)

I snuck out of the house, and drove to Maya's house

I nocked on her window.
"What the... Lucas!" She exclaimed.
"What are you doing here" she asked.
I decided to be strait forward and told her what I wanted to do.
"I had a lot of fun today, and you are such a great singer. I am taking you to a karaoke club tonight. Get dressed in something fancy."
"Okay, fine. Just go outside so I can change" She said.
I left her room, and waited outside the window for her to come back out.
Maya's POV
Lucas looked so good, and I was happy that we could go to a karaoke club tonight. I am going to wear something hot, so maybe he will see me differently.
(A/N what Maya is wearing)

Lucas POVMaya walked out, and damn she looked really good, and I caught myself starting to stare

Lucas POV
Maya walked out, and damn she looked really good, and I caught myself starting to stare.
"Hey Lucas. Will this be okay?" She asked me.
"Yeah it's beautiful"
She seemed like she blushed a little.
"Okay let's go"
When we got in the car, I told Maya about the new karaoke club that I found about and what songs we should sing.
She suggested Closer by the Chainsmokers because we already sang that in the car, and I would be fun to do it again.
When we finally got to the karaoke place, Maya and I took a seat in a booth in the back.
"This looks really cool" Maya told me.
"Yeah I am so excited to sing with you tonight, I am going to go put our names on the waiting list."
"Okay"
I was putting our names on the waiting list, an when I turned back to our booth I saw a guy sitting on the booth with his arm around Maya.
I was really mad, and I wanted that to be me with my arm around her. But, I want her to be happy, so if he makes her happy I am okay.
"Hey Maya" I said as a approached the table.
"What are you doing here?" said the random guy.
"Stop Dave" Maya said pushing his arm off of her.
I could now tell that Maya didn't like Dave. I was happy, but I hope he doesn't do anything to her.
Maya's POV
While Lucas was putting our names on the guest list, my ex-boyfriend, Dave came up to me, and put his arm around me.
He broke my heart before, and I don't want it to every happen again. That is why I am keeping the secret of me liking Lucas.
"Hey Maya" I heard a voice say.
I was Lucas, I didn't want him to think I like Dave.
"What are you doing here?" Dave asked obnoxiously.
"Stop Dave" I spoke pushing his arm off of me.
"Oh yeah, what are you going to do about it" Dave said getting dangerously close to my face.
"Stop" I said nearly in tears.
"GET OFF OF HER!" I heard a scream.
The next thing I knew what that Dave was on the floor, and Lucas was beating the crap out of him.
"It okay Lucas lets go" I spoke dragging him off of Dave and into the car.
It was a silent drive home until I spoke up.
"Why did you fight Dave for me Lucas?" I asked.
"I felt like I needed to protect you from him I guess" he replied.
"Okay"
Lucas's POV
I didn't just feel like I needed to protect her from him. I hated that he was getting closer to her, and wanting to be with her, when I am the one that is supposed to be with her.
"So who is that Dave guy anyways?"
Maya then started to tear up.
"Well, it's kinda hard to talk about but he was my first love. I really loved him, and I was going to tell him until I found him kissing another girl in the halls. I got so mad, and cried for many days." Maya explained.
"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Maya"
"It's okay Lucas, you have nothing to be sorry for, you defended me from him."
"I know lets just get you home"
"Okay"
Maya's POV
(2 days later)
Nothing really happened between Lucas and I since that night, but I was so excited because school started tomorrow again, and I can't wait to see all of my friends.
Please read down below
(A/N comment how you think that was or if you have any ideas for more stories. I have also decided to make Maya 16 and Lucas 17 from now on, just Maya doesn't have her license. I will try to update again today or tomorrow, thanks 😘)