Day 5 - A girl named Penny

"Here's the duplicate key for Gringer's locker... though.. may I ask, How are you related to her?"asked the woman in the administration office.

"Well we just met"I said.

"And..?"said the woman.

"I'm inlove with her"I said.

old man, Davis beside her spilled his coffee.

I walked to the hallway whistling. I found the locker with the exact number as the key. I noticed some paint stains on it. Definitely hers.

I inserted the key and twisted it,

A little flashback before I reveal anything....

***

I held her hand, slowly, but I feel it, it gets warmer. Maybe because of me. I caressed it with my thumb and I look up to her face. She tilted her head.

"Lewis?"she spoke, I chuckled, I let go of her hand. "Sorry, I'm acting weird."I said, she giggles, awkwardly. "I never felt comfortable with anyone, specially when it's a ghost."I said.

"You're a loner... right?"she asked.
I nodded my head, still smiling at her.

"Not anymore!"she added and began laughing. I laughed with her as I looked at her. "Why me?"I asked. "Why....?"she asked. "Yeah, why?"I asked her.

"Uuuuuhhhmmmm"she uttered.

"Dunno"she said as she chuckled.

"...does it matter?"she asked me.

"Kinda.... you know, it seems to me that when I become a ghost, I wouldn't contact with random strangers"I told her.

"Why not?, It's fun when I met you~"she said, singing.

"Yeah, you're weird"I said.

"YOU'RE WEIRD!, we're both weird!"she says, I chuckled. Then it all came back to silence, she was just standing right infront of me with her face hidden. I stood up, couldn't see where exactly she is, but closer. "Hey?"I said.

"Hey!"She responds, I could hear her clearly, she's close.

"Could I like.... love a ghost or something?"I spoke.

She disappeared

***

"Hey Penny!"I shouted above. No one was here but me.... and Penny I hope. "I'm opening your locker!!"I told her. "I hope that's fine to you.... or not.. either way I think you should respond.. And that... I think I may have a crush on you, which is why I'm being creepy..."I spoke.

"Creepier than you.."I whispered.

I opened the locker,

"Please"I said.

"I want to know more about you-"

Suddenly, papers came out, flying. It was full of drawings, anime ones. Spot a naughty one too. I picked up one of the pictures that stood up. I realized it was me, but with a more wide forehead.. I looked around and I saw another portrait, Oh, was me too but a little disfigured eye. Strange, she drew me perfectly before... or.. did she practiced?

My heart skipped a beat, I looked around the hallway. "Penny?"I spoke. "You don't happen to be a stalker, are you?"I asked, I chuckled, guess she couldn't respond.

"I love you."I told her.

Meanwhile, I kinda feel a sting in my heart. "Don't die"I spoke out of nowhere. "But if you did....

Could you appear anytime?"I asked.

There was never ever a response.

I wouldn't feel anything.