Day 6 - No man is an Island

I saw mama's boy with his mom. And by that I mean, the guy with his friend flirting with his mom. To be honest, unlike the average moms, she looked attractive.

"May I take your order?"I asked, slightly hesistant as my classmate glared at me. "Lewis?"his mom asked. I felt startled, I didn't knew she knows me.

"Surprised that I know?, well my son talks a lot about you!, I thought he was gay, but I guess you really stand out!"she said, her son glared at her from behind, she didn't notice.

"I mean look at you, you're so tall!, face?, not bad!, your intelligence though, pretty impressive!, and now you working part time!?, How I wish you were my son!!"she said. I smiled slightly as I glanced at her son, looks mad at me.

"Come on, mom!"he said. "I heard you work here so I came, I knew it would be awkward to talk to you at school since your classmate and MY son's friends would start rumours."she said as she pulled my classmate's arm. "Honey, could you apologize at Lewis for making fun of him now and then?"she said.

"Yeah sure"he went close to me.

"Fuck you!!"he shouted.

"Jacob!!"she chided.

"Yeah, okay"I answered, his mom smiled at me and I nodded my head.
"Your ord-", "serve me, bitch!"that guy Jacob said.

"Stop!!"his mom said.

"Hi!!"The crazy cashier from the bookstore appeared as she spoke to Jacob, he ran away.

"JACOB!!!!"his mom shouted and chased him.

The zombie cashier then turns to me. "We're even"she says. "Yeaaa-not exactly"I said.

"What do you want?"she asks in a serious tone.

"Weelll"

I wasn't much of a hustler, but I'm getting tired. I told her if she could buy me lunch for free, same place, she called the manager and I get to sit down and eat.

"what made you succumb back to reality?"I spoke.

"Ha.ha."she uttered and continues eating. "I'm over everything ever since I started working out. Wanna test that out?"she said.

"Let's give it a try"I said.

I grabbed her hand and we start to arm wrestle.

BAM!

guess who won?

She crossed her arm and continue to chew on her burger as if it was nothing. I'm not athletic after all, what can I do, I'm a nerd. I chomped on mine as I talk while eating.

"Nyor gufd"

"I know"she said not looking.

She stared at the distance, looking at the weather outside. Zoning out, I shouldn't bother asking.

"Life.."she suddenly spoke.

I grabbed my cup of coke and drank it as I stare at her. "What?"I asked.

"I thought life never gave me lemons"she said, all in a serious tone.

"But I was wrong"she said as she looked downwards.

"Because.. this pain..."Looks at me.

"Made me stronger!"I wasn't much surprised but I pretended I was startled. So kind of me, yeah?nah I'm just messing with her. "Something... that cannot be bought or just found, has been given to me.."she said.

"I know you're curious as to what I have been through.."

Not really.

"But in time, you'll learn."she stood up and left the place. I was speechless. I can't come up of anything to respond. Too cheesy for me.