Chapter one

I sit in the library, frustrated with the book I've been trying to read for the last two months. As much as I reread each page, I cannot seem to grasp the concept. It's so difficult. Instead, I grab my bag of gummy bears and pull out the one that looks like candlelight, my favorite. 

As I start reading again, I feel my eyes start to droop. I keep waking myself up as I read, but when it happens for the third time, I close my eyes and start to fall out of the chair. But I don't hit  the ground , instead I fall into the muscular arms of a boy I don't know.

When I open my eyes to look at the person who caught me, I find myself looking at a beautiful boy with dark hair and large dark eyes with specks of blue. 

"Who are you?" I ask staring into his eyes, fully aware that I am in his toned arms. As I lie in his arms, I can't help but think about how beautiful he is.

He keeps staring at me and I stare at him back. I take in more of his beauty and feel myself forgetting what I am supposed to be doing, and instead drowning in his beautiful eyes.

"Who are you?" I repeat. 

He suddenly snaps to attention from his trance as if it had been cut in half by a knife.

"Oh," he says as a blush creeps up on his cheeks. "My name is Arlo."

I stare at him, before saying," I'm Lilian."

"I know," he replies

I stare at him confused and he notices my expression and blushes harder knowing what I was thinking.

"Can you put me down now?" I ask as steadily as I can trying not to make him any more uncomfortable than he already is.

His blush deepens further as he places me on the ground making sure that my feet were firmly on the ground.

"Thank you for catching me," I say, thankful that I didn't hit the ground and bruise or break myself. 

Before I leave, he says,"Why did you fall asleep?"

"Umm, I was just having trouble with my book," I say embarrassed. Luckily, then the bell rings and I rush away from him not wanting to give him to ask me anymore questions. 

As I rush away, I think I hear him calling my name.