Prologue

Once upon a time there were two beautiful sisters who ruled the kingdom of Solin together. The eldest had a light in herself that was so contagious you couldn't help but smile. The youngest sister thrived in her presence but often felt alone and angry when her sister wasn't at her side.

The eldest sister found her true love. They married and soon after a little girl was born. The kingdom celebrated and was overjoyed but the youngest sister could only look at her niece with envy.

The neighbouring kingdom of Dorchadas took advantage of the celebrations and attacked. The king went to war but only his crown and golden necklace returned.

The queen was so consumed by her grief that even the love of her little daughter did not help her. She passed away and the young sister was left alone to rule over the kingdom until the child was old enough.

With the light now gone, darkness consumed her. She gave in to her hate. The little princess that she once only envied was now the target of her powers.

She looked into the eyes of the little baby consumed with her pain and hate. She aimed her magic towards the princess ready to kill her. In front of the little face the magic quivered but she could not kill the baby for it was the only thing she had left of her sisters.

She dumped the little girl at the orphanage in a small farmers village far away from the castle. She united with the kingdom of Dorchadas. Where the land once was full of light and joy it was now filled with darkness, fear and hate.