Choose your fate

"Sit princess and let me talk to you" Ierub smiled as she pointed to a small chair. "You can call me Aislin miss" I said as I sat down on the chair, it had been so long since Daniel and I had taken a break. Just being off my feet felt wonderful. "Alright Pri.. Aislin, I wanted to warn you." She said with a very serious tone. "You were born out of light, your mom and dad both carried that light within themselves. But Ciara also carried that light within her." I looked at her in shock, the Dark Queen had light within her?!

"Yes this may surprise you but it is true. That bit of light that still remains has made her unable to kill you" she continued. "Light can turn into darkness when one chooses the wrong path. Love, compassion, kindness, joy these are all things that make the light within us shine. Hate, envy, hurt and anger can overwhelm us and extinguish the light to make room for darkness." She told me and she put one finger to my heart.

"Don't let the anger that lives inside you extinguish the light Aislin!" She pressed and I blushed. Had I really been so foolish to let anger take control of me. "I...I'm so sorry" I stuttered. "It is forgiven child, you don't have to worry about it anymore. Just keep your heart clean and it will all be alright." She said as she stood up. "Now enough of this seriousness! Let's enjoy a good feast to brighten our spirits." She said as she opened the door. Light, laughter and music flooded into the room and I ran outside.

The whole courtyard had been transformed. It now was a world of beautiful flowers, lights and colours. In the middle of the courtyard was an area reserved for dancing. Faeries and elves were already there enjoying the joyful music. Daniel tapped me on the shoulder "Care for a dance your highness" He asked with a bow. I curtsied and gave him my hand. The dance floor emptied as they all made place for us. "Oh this won't do!" I heard an elf mutter and within seconds my dirty clothes were replaced by a beautiful silver gown. It flowed with the dance and I smiled like never before. The crowd joined in the dance.

After a while me and Daniel retreated to the side, tired from the dancing. We sat there watching all the creatures dance in the most amazing ways. The elf that had given me my gown had given herself a beautiful gown to and was dancing with strings of flowers. I laughed, the joy she had was infectious. Soon a ogre came to bring us enormous plates of food, it was the best I had ever tasted. The little elf sat down next to us. "Thank you so much for the beautiful gown, may I ask your name?" I asked kindly. The elf looked up in shock surprised that I would talk to her. "M m my name, you want to know my name!" she stuttered. I nodded and smiled at her. "My name is Elmyra, your highness" She said with a curtsy. "Oh please call me Aislin, it is nice to meet you" I said and the little elf glowed with pride.

Soon the moon and stars showed themselves and they added to the magical decor of the party. When the dancing stopped and everyone sat down, Ierub got up. "Welcome to all, it is so nice to have a reason for such a party again" She spoke and she waved towards me. I got up and walked up to her. "The princess of Light has finally joined our presence!" She announced and the whole crowd burst out in cheers and applause. She motioned for me to speak and my cheeks were flaming red, panicking I looked for Daniel in the crowd. When I met his eyes he smiled at me and held up his thumbs. Okay breathe I could do this. "Thank you so much for inviting me into your presence. The kindness you have shown I'll never forget." I said my voice quivering a bit. "All hail princess Aislin" Elmyra cheered and the rest joined in. My cheeks were still glowing but this time with joy and love. Maybe I was cut out to be their princess.

The elves led us to their home at the end of the night. Their houses were a bit more suitable for our size and we were glad to join them. Especially since we were invited to Elmyra's house. It was small since elves are about a quart smaller than us but we managed just fine. Elmyra and I shared her bedroom and Daniel slept on the couch. I tried to get out of the dress which proved quite a struggle. With a small wave of her wand the dress had transformed into a lovely nightgown. I blushed "Oh thank you Elmyra, this is wonderful!" I thanked as I looked in the mirror and started brushing my hair with my fingers.