Epilogue

I opened my eyes and found myself in a completely different room. I stared right into the teary eyes of Daniel and smiled. He stroked my cheek and helped me up. We embraced each other, tears were streaming down our faces. When we finally stopped hugging I looked around the room and found the eyes of my aunt.

I stood up from the bed, still a bit unstable, and walked towards her. She looked different, the darkness had gone away and she actually looked happy. As I walked up to her she looked down at her feet. I couldn't even imagine what she must be going through. There were no words to speak there were only actions. I fell into her arms and we sank to the ground laughing and crying at the same time.

Something strange happened in that moment. A light burst from us and the whole castle got clothed in light. From the castle it spread all over the land. The darkness disappeared and the sun shone bright all over the country.

We walked out of the room, Ciara and Daniel supporting me as we went. Once we stepped out in the courtyard all the people that were gathered there fell to their knees. I looked at the people in amazement. Here I was, an orphan who didn't think she was worth anything. But now I was their princess, the one they looked up too.

A tear streaked down my cheek, but this time it was a tear of intense happiness. As I looked into the crowd I saw my mom and dad, they nodded to me and showed me they were proud of me. Slowly they disappeared, their job here was done.

I didn't become queen right away, Ciara taught me everything she knew about ruling a country. In return I taught her how to love again. Together with the people the land prospered. And we all lived happily ever after.

The End...