Chapter 2

I walked into the school the next day, feeling sullen and tired. I had been up all night freaking out about what Skyler said. I mean, it was just so out of the blue and unexpected. Now I'll be seeing him in school. I tried to think back across our time together, imagining what it is I could have done that made him fall in love with me. Or was this like a forever crush. Did he want something from me? I just have so many unanswered questions.

"Alakay!" Kenna squealed, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the rest of my friend group. They were all standing in the middle of the hallway, huddled together. Suspiciously in front of the main office.

"Uh what are you guys doing?" I asked them, trying to keep the criticism out of my voice.

Kenna just smiled really big, "The new guy is going to walk out of that office very soon."

Suddenly I noticed many of the kids of our school crowded around where we were standing. News of this new guy had travelled fast. I understood why it was such a rage though because we rarely got any new kids in our school.

"Guys?" I said, slowly, "Won't he get freaked out if he sees the whole female population of the school, practically drooling on him?"

"No we have a reason." Rachel said, mischievously glancing at Fiona who just smiled knowingly, "Fiona got us all signed up for the welcoming committee. You see, it's our job to guide him around the school now."

I heaved out a sigh, "I'm sorry, I'm not welcoming committee type. I'll see you guys later."

May grabbed my arm as I turned to leave, "Alex, please do this with us. We barely see you. You're not in any of our clubs or anything. Just please."

I looked at the hope in May's eyes and then looked around the group at the rest of the girls who were looking at me intently.

It was so sweet that even after the grumpy bitch that I was being to them, they still wanted to hang out with me. How could I possibly say no?

I plastered on a wide smile on my face and put an arm around May, "Let's woo this bitch's pants off."

Alex squealed and May put her arm around me. Everyone was just happy for a while there. And maybe just maybe I felt a rush of affection for them. Let the new guy come, they'll be doing all the talking anyway.

There was a movement of the office door and everyone stopped doing what they were doing and turned to look.

A few more seconds and out walked this completely gorgeous looking guy. I swear I heard each and every girl in the vicinity sigh. He stopped in his tracks and looked around at the staring crowd, his piercing green eyes filled with surprise. Then his perfect little pink mouth just set in an obnoxious smirk. He ran a hand through his chestnut brown hair and started walking down the hall, like at least the eyes of 40 high school girls weren't following him and his perfect ass. I knew I was going to hate him already.

Rachel was the first to break out from her trance and hurried after him, every one of us followed. Including me.

"Excuse me!" she called to him, he stopped and turned.

"Yes?" he asked, in a perfectly boyish American accent

"I'm Rachel" she let out in a whoosh, "And this is, Fiona, Kenna, Vanessa, Laney, May and Alex. We're from the welcoming committee and we're here to help you."

"hello" he said, smiling at us, showing off his perfectly straight white teeth, "It's great to meet you."

He looked over each and every one of us till his eyes landed on me, I was half scowling and half sulking next to May because I really really didn't want to do this. That rush for affection? Gone, after seeing this jerk of a guy.