chapter 1

-Chapter 1-

Charlie's P.O.V.

Harry and I were sat in the meadow (our spot) just staring in the distance, not even wasting our time by talking. Harry has been my best friend since we were 8, hes been my rock and shoulder to cry on...he's family.

"Harry?" I broke the silence to ask this question that has been bugging me.

"Yeah?" he murmured, turning to look at me, but all I could do was look down.

"If one of us gets picked whats going to happen?" I said. He took a while to answer so I looked up but only to find him staring straight at me.

" We do our best and hope someone volunteers for us." He said just above a whisper.

" What if no one volunteers?" I said my eyes slowly tearing up, but I blink them away and look down , I hate crying in front of people it makes me feel weak. Harry reaches a finger out and lifts my chin up so he can look at me.

" Well than we fight...we fight for the people at home, the people that mean the most to us and we don't stop until were the last one's standing." He said with a slight smile.

" How many time did you put your name in today?" his smile faded and he dropped his hand and stared back out in the distance.

"34" he said with hesitation. Now I didn't care if he saw me cry, I pulled him into a hug and cried softly on to his shoulder.

" I cant loose you Harry you're my best friend, I just cant loose you." I whispered over and over again.

He hugged me back just as tightly.

"I know, I know" I felt a warm drop on my shoulder, knowing that he was crying to. We pulled away 5 minutes later, and wiped each others tears whilst chuckling.

Harry stood up, I looked to what he was wearing, he was wearing his famous boots, some black tight jeans his mom stitched him recently, she also stitched me a pair, and a white dress shirt, he wore his silver ring I bought him on his middle finger on the right hand, took me awhile to get that, I hunted three turkeys for that.

His hair was the same curly mess, but this time it was styled upwards. From this point I realized how attractive my best friend really is, but I could never like him that way, I couldn't take a risk and damage our friendship.

He reached out a hand to me and pulled me up and smiled at me then looked me up and down at my outfit choice.

" nice choice" He said and smiled I was wearing a white dress that my mom stitched me,(A.N./ you can picture the dress however you'd like.)

I was also wearing some black sandals my hair was the same natural wavy mess, and black as a ravens feather, that's what my dad always used to say. He said I was special because not most people have forest green eyes like mine and hair black as night, I always thought he was just saying it because, I was his daughter.

He died in an "accident" but really it wasn't a mistake, my dad mouthed off to the capitol and thought he would be fine, so the "peacekeepers" killed him and made It seem like an accident. At least that's what Mom told me.

Anyway were doing good now, we've accepted hes no longer suffering so neither should we, and I have Harry to get me through tough times and I'm very thankful for him.

" Thank you very much" he chuckled and shook his head.

" What am I going to do with you?" He slung an arm over my shoulder and kissed my forehead as we walked back to the houses.

" Keep me and cherish me for as long as you shall live!" I said in a creepy voice. He threw his head back in laughter.

" Well I don't think I have a choice." He sad looking down from his 6'1 frame down to my 5'1 frame.

" Oh you don't" I said standing on my tip toes then tried to kissed him on the cheek, i finally succeded by pulling his head down and gave hima big smooch on the cheek. He chuckled and did the same back.

" Now lets go be pyscho's together!" I said taking him by the fore arm and pulling him to the gate we go through.

I know I got the pyscho thing from perks of being a wallflower, its an amazing movie, you should watch it. Now I forgot to say that this story is mainly going to be from Charlies or Harrys point of view I might put in a few other p.o.v's from some special characters coming in later. Some of this might be similar to the movie but, I'm going to try and make it as original as I can. Thanks for reading please vote and comment Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!