Chapter 3

Charlie's P.O.V.

I can't believe this is happening, I'm a tribute in this year's hunger games....and even worse my best friend is here with me, and only one person comes out of that arena, I think you know the rest from there.

Harry kept trying to get my attention to ask if I was alright, but I couldn't respond. I wasn't mad I was just in complete and utter shock.

I didn't even get to say goodbye to my family, because they're still holding a grudge over my father, I mean how twisted is that. Exactly why I despise anyone or anything that has to deal with the Capitol. I just hope they don't touch my family.

As I was drowning in self pity, the door opened and slammed, bringing me out if my thoughts. It was a very tall guy, dark skinned, and wearing a full suit. he seemed to be looking for someone, his eyes landed on us and he smiled at us and seemed to give us the same look everyone's been giving us. The sympathy look.

He reached his hand out when he arrived to shake our hands.

"Hi my name is Idris and I will be your mentor for these games. I know you could probably care less right now, considering what your going through. Don't worry I've been there, so I can tell you whatever it is you need to know." he finished with a smile and sat down.

When he talked I realized he had an accent. British? I think it was, that's really rare to hear from where we come from. The only Brits I know that lives in 8 is Harry's family.

"Finally someone who I can understand." Harry said joking about the accent. Idris seemed to catch on he laughed a full heartily laugh, something you don't hear often.

"Haha well yes, in district 8 there seems to be no one with our accent. I'm glad I got you then." He then moved his stare to me.

"Now what about you? Charllotte is it? How old are you?" He asked me.

"16" I answered with no emotion, not fully sure if I could trust him yet. Looks like to me he's still on the capitols leash.

He didn't look shocked or surprised though. Instead he had a face full of understanding or like he's seen this kind of behaviour before.

So instead of retaliating he just clapped his hands and stood up.

"Okay then well let me show you where you'll be staying for the night and we can talk tomorrow!" Idris said and then led the way.

Harry and I trailed behind as he showed us the way.

At the end of the hallway was two doors, one for harry, one for me.

"The one on the left is Harry's, and the one on the left is for you Charllotte. I hope you guys have a goodnight's rest and I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast. If you need anything I'll be right down the hall." He smiled then walked off to I'm assuming his room down the hallway.

Then there were two.

I turned to say goodnight to harry but, I guess he had other plans since my face met his chest and, his arms went tight around me.

I responded and wrapped my arms around him tight breathing in his scent.

"I love you Charlie, I'm so sorry your in this position." his voice cracked at the end of his sentence and a tear fell on to my shoulder making me wrap my arms tighter around him.

"It's not your fault Harry. None of this is, it's the damn capitols fault and you know that. "

I pulled back his arms still wrapped tightly around my waist and wiped his tears. Shedding a few of my own.

"Now stop those tears and think of the great times not the sad times. Like how I slipped and fell on my butt while washing the dishes." he let out a chuckle and smiled.

I smiled and gave him one last hug and kissed his cheek. I turned around to go into my room but, before I closed the door I looked back to him still standing there and said.

"I love you too you dork" then shut the door. While I was closing it I saw his big beautiful smile and, I couldn't help to hope that I get to see that one smile that makes my day for the rest of my life.

But luck just isn't in my favor....